free website stats program Protecting my fat boy from the elements. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Protecting my fat boy from the elements.

I would let a buddy park his scoot in my garage anytime. Bring her over. I would highly suggest you persue this option. Moisture is not our friend.

The shed suggestions are great ideas. The only trouble is that I live in an apartment. Whatever I go with, it needs to fit in a standard parking space.

The shed suggestions are great ideas. The only trouble is that I live in an apartment. Whatever I go with, it needs to fit in a standard parking space.

Also, when considering what the bike barn or the cycleshell are, why are they better than a good water proof, well ventilated cover?

And, what are the greatest concerns when battling the elements? I should mention that I am a year 'round rider. Only time I'm not riding is in the event of heavy rain, snow, or ice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, the more I hang out in this forum the better info I get. I'm currently renting a storage unit to store my ride since I live in an apartment. Does anyone have any experience with this Cycleshell portable garage?

Man, the more I hang out in this forum the better info I get. I'm currently renting a storage unit to store my ride since I live in an apartment. Does anyone have any experience with this Cycleshell portable garage?

What about wax? Would polishing it help to preserve the paint from the elements? What kind of danger is there to the engine by exposure to the elements?

Don't forget the electic blanket wraped warmly around the motor set at about 55 degrees. Warm to touch, ready to ride.

If you leave it outside, it is going to do what steel, aluminum and paint do when left outside in bad weather. We don't know where you live, so we don't know what type of winter weather you get. If you are planning on riding it when there is salt on the road, it wont matter anyway. The salt will Quickly take it's toll on everything!! :bigsmiley19:

Back