free website stats program Pro's Con's of Buying a 2009 Electra Glide Ultra | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Pro's Con's of Buying a 2009 Electra Glide Ultra

along with what Breeze noticed the mirrors are not correct for a 2009 ultra. the mirrors were not built into the fairing in 2009. also the chrome trim and bumper are not on the front fender.
It is a good looking bike, I love my 2009 ultra.

If you are in the buying mode 2009 or above is the way to go IMO. The 2009's added 4 point engine isolation, chassis redesign (a single-spar rigid backbone frame replaced bent tubing and stamped parts) are a couple of things I liked. I purchase a 2011 ultra limited and glad I did. Good luck on your choice.

QUESTION,

Does it have the wide frame and Big-wide Rear tire on it ??????

IF Not, it might be an 08.

Could not tell from your picts.

signed....BUBBIE

As some other posts say from the photos, I'm not sure this bike was born as an Ultra. Few things not consistent. But you know, none of that matters a bit if you are happy with it. Ride her, enjoy her, and be proud! Personally, except for the brown seat, I think it's a knock out! Ride safe. joe

Does the bike have a clean title? I ask because there's several things that are not correct for an Ultra. It has a Classic fairing, no Ultra Classic badge on front fenders, fender pin stripes are wrong and is missing pin stripes on the side covers. Also the tourpak is not an Ultra. Did you get the lowers with it? But maybe it was just repainted?

along with what Breeze noticed the mirrors are not correct for a 2009 ultra. the mirrors were not built into the fairing in 2009. also the chrome trim and bumper are not on the front fender.
It is a good looking bike, I love my 2009 ultra.

As some other posts say from the photos, I'm not sure this bike was born as an Ultra. Few things not consistent. But you know, none of that matters a bit if you are happy with it. Ride her, enjoy her, and be proud! Personally, except for the brown seat, I think it's a knock out! Ride safe. joe

Looks like the OP mistakenly put Ultra in the title of the thread.. He meant (and bought) an EG Classic.:newsmile105:

Thanks guys. I Bought it Harley Davidson 2009 Electra glide - Imgur
don't like the chrome or the brown seat so its the first thing to change
It looks like the previous owner had a few things done. The clutch cable is sitting on the outside of the front header pipe.
Bike looks good though.:cheers

It looks like the previous owner had a few things done. The clutch cable is sitting on the outside of the front header pipe.
Bike looks good though.:cheers

I think you're correct. It does have Ultra badge on tank, that's probably what got me looking. What you see as clutch cable outside heat shield, I think is a boot guard on the footboard?

What you see as clutch cable outside heat shield, I think is a boot guard on the footboard?

You're probably correct on that Breeze. I'd never heard of them before, but after staring at the photos some more, that sounds like a better description for it.

Back