free website stats program pros and cons of a trike | Harley Davidson Forums

pros and cons of a trike

karfre

I have been riding Harley's for 18 years and my wife and i have over 65,000 miles on a bike. We like taking long trips and enjoy being gone for a couple of weeks at a time. I ride a 2010 Street Glide now. I have had a Ultra Classic in 2002 and wanted a less top heavy bike. Due to my age (getting older every day) i am considering a Trike. I need a little insight on the pros and cons of riding a trike vs my street glide.
Thanks!!

Peace of mind is priceless. So with that thought, and to keep the thrill alive traveling with the Misses, I can see no pros or cons in owning a trike. After a adjustment period of learning to ride a trike, I would think nothing but happy trails. There is always the option of triking out the Street Glide too. Best to you and your decision.....................:)

karfre; I'm guessing I'll end-up on 3-wheels someday too and the HD trikes are pretty sweet. Only thing I'm guessing is a tad different handling, simply b/c 2-wheels "lean" and 3-wheels "turn/slide." If I can ever test ride a trike @ demo event...I'm there!

Next bike will be a trike, with a bad back it makes sense to me plus The Redhead likes the idea of the big trunk she thinks she will use it for a grocery getter :s

Next bike will be a trike, with a bad back it makes sense to me plus The Redhead likes the idea of the big trunk she thinks she will use it for a grocery getter :s

If it was my wife, the trunk would be OVERFLOWING with new shoes! She has gotten three sets of boots this year, JUST FOR RIDING! Drives me crazy. I have a pair of work boots (double as riding boots), a set of running shoes (don't get near enough use) and a set of loafers. I married Amelda Marcos (spelling?)...:unsure

If it was my wife, the trunk would be OVERFLOWING with new shoes! She has gotten three sets of boots this year, JUST FOR RIDING! Drives me crazy. I have a pair of work boots (double as riding boots), a set of running shoes (don't get near enough use) and a set of loafers. I married Amelda Marcos (spelling?)...:unsure

Oh My! I am not contributing to this......................:bigsmiley25:

Back