pros and cons of a trike

Discussion in 'Trikes' started by karfre, Jun 18, 2013.

1. karfre

karfre New Member

I have been riding Harley's for 18 years and my wife and i have over 65,000 miles on a bike. We like taking long trips and enjoy being gone for a couple of weeks at a time. I ride a 2010 Street Glide now. I have had a Ultra Classic in 2002 and wanted a less top heavy bike. Due to my age (getting older every day) i am considering a Trike. I need a little insight on the pros and cons of riding a trike vs my street glide.
    Thanks!!

2. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

Peace of mind is priceless. So with that thought, and to keep the thrill alive traveling with the Misses, I can see no pros or cons in owning a trike. After a adjustment period of learning to ride a trike, I would think nothing but happy trails. There is always the option of triking out the Street Glide too. Best to you and your decision.....................:)

3. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

karfre; I'm guessing I'll end-up on 3-wheels someday too and the HD trikes are pretty sweet. Only thing I'm guessing is a tad different handling, simply b/c 2-wheels "lean" and 3-wheels "turn/slide." If I can ever test ride a trike @ demo event...I'm there!

4. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Next bike will be a trike, with a bad back it makes sense to me plus The Redhead likes the idea of the big trunk she thinks she will use it for a grocery getter :s

5. Sunnysideup

Sunnysideup Junior Member

.........or maybe she sees a promotion in your future Jack. :p

6. Lawdog314

Lawdog314 Active Member

If it was my wife, the trunk would be OVERFLOWING with new shoes! She has gotten three sets of boots this year, JUST FOR RIDING! Drives me crazy. I have a pair of work boots (double as riding boots), a set of running shoes (don't get near enough use) and a set of loafers. I married Amelda Marcos (spelling?)...:unsure

7. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Oh My! I am not contributing to this......................:bigsmiley25:

8. Sunnysideup

Sunnysideup Junior Member

LOL yeah well...........lol.

9. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

I can hide you out here in Jacksonville, my witness protection plan works:p

10. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Thanks Jack! Hopefully I wont need it, again....:D