Pronunciation

Discussion in 'Buell' started by Morel Sportster Mustang, Jan 19, 2013.

How do you pronounce "Buell"

My pronunciation is "Be-you-ell" My husband pronounces it "Bull-ee" or "Be-you-ll-ee"

I'm not looking to be Right: (As in, my pronunciation is the right one) I'm looking for the correct pronunciation.

Thank you for your attention and replies.

A.T. Morel

1. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

:s You win, now go collect:D

2. STEVE07

STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  3. biscuit

biscuit Junior Member

Like Jewel,but with a "B"

4. harley@16

harley@16 Junior Member

that's it

5. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

I pronounce it like secondary Christmas. BYule (short B). Or you could refer to them as those Discontinued Harley sport bikes. :(

6. gator508

gator508 Senior Member

If you are in the South you can get away with streching it out--"be you ya'll":D

7. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

I pronounce it as "Bue-WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-ll!" If you ever rode one, like Ricky Bobby says, "I wanna go FAST!"

8. Thank you ... all repliers, for all your replies, and your pronunciations. I've never ridden one. (Come to think ... nope: I did see a couple: the Riding School I attended had a couple of Buell Blast's. I was hoping to ride one, but I was assigned a suzuki something-or-the-other.:newsmile026:)

Rhyming with "Jewel", "Rule", or "Yule": very good explanation. I'll be able to tell my husband that. Thank you.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  9. ChrisGermany

ChrisGermany New Member

Couple of years ago on a Buell Dealer Award Meeting, he introduces himself to me "ByouL"! :)