free website stats program Progressive Stabilizer | Harley Davidson Forums

Progressive Stabilizer

89 FXRS

Anyone tried the progressive stabilizer? I know my friend tried the true track and said it seems to work but didn't sound real sure about it - I know there's a lot of them out there ,was wondering which is the best - anyone who's tried one please give your opinion - thanks and ride safe

I have the progressive bagger brace on my electraglide and have installed them on several other bikes if you ride the curves a little aggresive you will notice quite a differance for the better

i put glide pro bushings in the swingarm and replaced the front motor mount. exceptional cornering improvement. 01 rk police.

I have the Progressive stabilizer on my bike and love it . The progressive stabilizer is easy to install & you do not lose any ground clearance like other stabilizers from other manufactures and the price is right . The progressive stabilizer gets 2 thumbs up from me .:bigsmiley12:

Put one on my '97 RK and it works great. Like Ironmark says, you don't lose any clearance, good price, AND IT WORKS! I came off a BMW 1100RS and like to corner. The RK could develope a nasty wobble when hitting a "whoop-de-do" in a sweeper. Not anymore! Excellent quality too. They provide a modified right rubber bushing piece and the paint quality and fiinish was an exact match. Most time consuming part was removing the rear exhaust.

I don't understand the need for a stabilizer? My 07 FLHRC has 24K miles on it and a large portion of those miles are at highway speed. I've never experienced the slightest wobble whether riding solo, two up, with or without the bike loaded with gear?

May not experience wobble or shaking as the tuning frequency depends on many factors, tire wear, bushings/motor mounts wear, steering head bearing/preload, fork fallway, frame stiffness, suspension lead/trail, sack-preload, solo or two-up riding etc...many factors can add up to cause a problem or cancel each other out as each bike is a little bit different.

MOCO did go to stiffer frame design in 2009...so there "apparently" was room for improvement. These aftermarket devices "detune" that wobble frequency out of range and in your case may not be necessary. If you do not have a problem...don't worry about it...! But if you do, with so many choices to choose, you have come to the right forum to find out what others are doing.:D

Back