free website stats program Progressive shocks | Harley Davidson Forums

Progressive shocks

johnkarlfl

Thinking about buying the Progressive 412 12in shocks to lower my bike.
Does any one have experiance with these? Are they as good as the stock shocks.

I have used Progressive 412's in the past and they are a great shock. I have 440's now and like them too. I don't think that you will be unhappy with any Progressive products.

I had Progressives on the rear of my '07 Sporty and I loved them. Also thinking about upgrading my SG rear shocks to Progressive model but it's a $$$ issue right now.

I have 440's (stock height) on my Sporty and I "think" about changing to 440's on my Ultra but then I lose my ability to adjust the rear with my air pump.
I'll just stay with my stock shocks.

Never a fan of lowering.
What do you get? Just a bad ride.

Thinking about buying the Progressive 412 12in shocks to lower my bike.
Does any one have experiance with these? Are they as good as the stock shocks.

If you go with the 412s on a bagger make sure you get heavy duty springs..the 412 standards don't have enough spring rate for a bagger even riding solo...now if you go with the 440s,you can get away with the standard spring even even two-up,the 440s are a better shock than the 412s,but are more $$...You lose a lot of travel going with a 12in shock..Travel=good ride..the 12.5in shocks have the same travel as a 13in,you only drop a 1/2in but keep the travel...I have run the 440s for the last 3yrs on my '04 RK and ride two-up most of the time and the difference in the ride and handling is unbelievably better than the HD air shocks

Back