free website stats program Progressive monotube fork kit | Harley Davidson Forums

Progressive monotube fork kit

michracer

Just wondering if anyone has installed and used this new fork kit from Progressive?
Looks like a great set up but would like to hear from others that have installed it before I go for it.

Thanks
michracer

Installed mine 3000 miles ago. Ride quality is great and very little dive under heavy front braking. I would do it again.

I installed the Progressive Lowering Kit in my front end and the Progressive rear shocks to lower my 03' Electra Glide Classic 1" front and back. The difference in the handling is truly remarkable. It now handles like a 2011 Vette instead of a 53' Plymouth. It made me realize that all of my close calls of dropping my bike was due to the "Mushy Front End and Front Brake!!!) I never even think about grabbing my front brake while going down hill at slow speeds-----It's GREAT !!!!!!! PS: To make it complete I also installed the Progressive Touring Link ( Sweet !!)

I had them installed on my Ultra about 10k miles ago since it was supposedly time to either change fork oil or do the swap. I had recently been on a trip with a buddy who was on a sport tourer and after a back road romp where the ultra just seemed to be constantly floating around I decided to try this instead of a full revalving of the stock setup. I do like the reduction in brake dive and the bike seems firmer and more controlled but I cant say I would do it again at the cost as I havent seen the huge change in ride behavior I hoped for. Perhaps the real issue is the rear end and not the forks as I think the rear shocks have VERY little rebound control and not much compression control either frankly but then again its a tourer, not a sport tourer.. the price isnt astronomical but dont expect night and day differences...it seems more subtle to me...
YMMV
Phil

I'm finding two separate items on J&P the first is spring only for 129.99 and the second a kit including spacers etc. for 118.99, which did you use? Odd thing is the kit with more parts is cheaper than the spring only?

Spring only J&P #231-543
Kit J&P #230-452

I am getting some work done on my bike soon and I was considering the Progressive monotube so I called up progressive for some info and one of the selling points that I would consider beneficial with the monotube is that you do not have to change out the fork oil because with the monotube you only use a couple of ounces of oil to keep the seals lubricated. So the way I understand it the monotube setup is basically maintenance free so I am considering going with the monotube & then time will tell if the monotube is worth the money.

Back