free website stats program Progressive front springs vs Progressive Cartridge System? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Progressive front springs vs Progressive Cartridge System?

I wasn't referring to the fork tube which may have been $175 from your HD dealer I was referring to the chrome parts that are visible such as the chrome lower fork sliders which HD MSRP list for $419.95 a pair but you can get the same chrome HD lower fork sliders from Willy Shiny for $175.00 a pair. That figures out to a $245 saving on just one part of your chrome front end, that $245 would have covered chrome upper slider covers and chrome wheel spacers and put some cash toward your chrome rotors or in your pocket. There is nothing wrong with supporting your dealer but there is nothing wrong with saving a buck either, the main thing is your happy.
I did see the scuffing and went with the recommendations of the mechanic. (I was in a hurry, the bike was already apart on the lift). In retrospect, I don't think new fork tubes were needed.
Looking at the old parts, now in the box, they don't look bad. I'll be putting the complete old set on eBay and let someone else have them. Winter is a time for rebuilding and replacing.

The rub marks were on the outside of the tubes and when I replaced the fork legs with new chrome legs, the rub was with the old legs. I just replaced them!

He worried they might rub the cartridges. Hey, the rub marks are on the outside of the fork tubes but the cartridges fit inside the fork tubes. I believe the old tubes could have been used. Only thing extra I did get from the deal is now I know how the front end is put together.

Regarding Willy Shiny with a chrome front end, I'm sure there are more than a few places to get chrome.
When the bike is on the lift and tore apart, you don't say I'll shop around for parts.
I didn't originally intend to do the chrome but as the parts guy pointed out, "Same labor, better looking bike".

Now to wait for spring to do some riding.

gusotto,

Trailer the bike to Az.
Warm spell is here and Keeping temps close to 80* most of Az. Even the High plateaus...:D a few Bugs:lero to clean off the shinny stuff :s

signed....BUBBIE

gusotto,

Trailer the bike to Az.
Warm spell is here and Keeping temps close to 80* most of Az. Even the High plateaus...:D a few Bugs:lero to clean off the shinny stuff :s

signed....BUBBIE
After tonights Powerball drawing.... maybe.
One can dream.....

Just ordered the Progressive monotube suspension from M&M they were like $80 less than Progressive and free shipping...sweet and I got all this info from the Forum. Like I said Sweet. Now I should have them in for the Salt Springs trip.

Webbtron
Have my bike in winter storage at the dealership (qualified with them doing the installing) so I won't get to ride until spring.

If you get a few miles in, let us know how you like them.
I was able to ride just 20 miles but that little ride did feel better.

Just ordered the Progressive monotube suspension from M&M they were like $80 less than Progressive and free shipping...sweet and I got all this info from the Forum. Like I said Sweet. Now I should have them in for the Salt Springs trip.

Mark has great prices on Progressive stuff. You'll love these when you get it done. Le us know what you think.

Well they are in... now I need some sun to clear the roads enough to do a road test. I took my time and cleaned everything like I was going to put her in a bike show. And is it winter, so I was out there including time to get fork fluid 5 hours on Wednesday and reassmebled on Thursday for 4 hours. I know 9 hours seems a lot...even to me because it was not a hard job. Can't Wait to get the Gerbing gear on and try it out.

Taking your time and being particular over a job is a much better way to go than rushing and making a mess of something
You should get a better ride with the new parts fitted enjoy

Brian

Back