free website stats program progressive front lowering kit (drop in) | Harley Davidson Forums

progressive front lowering kit (drop in)

hello everybody ,
just bought a progressive drop in kit 10-2003 for my 2010 ultra classic . as I want to lower the front another inch and in mean time to avoid the front dive when using the front brake.
remind me that I had lowerd the rear an inch with the blocks and it worked great for me I am fully flat foot on ground with only the rear block.
I am 5.6 with the 30" inseam.
my question about the progressive front lowering kit is do I have to put the pvc pipe or not ? according to the instruction it shows 0" inch cut and thet where I got confused :(.
Also does anybody install them on ultra without tearing down the forks?
thanks

That piece of PVC is used to set the preload on the spring. The kit should have included instructions on how to mathematically determine the length of the PVC spacer. If you are not sure, call Progressive.

thanks for the reply,
yea I tried to call them few time and they keep hanging the phone :(. the instructions shows for 2010 ultra classic 0" length spacer and is that means no pvc spacer needed or put the whole pvc spacer ...?

thanks for the reply, yea I tried to call them few time and they keep hanging the phone :(. the instructions shows for 2010 ultra classic 0" length spacer and is that means no pvc spacer needed or put the whole pvc spacer ...?

I have installed R/T springs and emulators to upgrade touring model suspensions and those instruction include measurements to determine the length of the PVC spacer for proper preload. I have not installed a Progressive kit, so I may be talking out of school WRT to the PVC spacer; perhaps none is required. However, if that is so, why provide the PVC pipe? I would keep trying Progressive.

The directions will tell you, see note such n such like note 18 on mine is cut spacer to 3.5".

Back