free website stats program Progressive 940's | Harley Davidson Forums

Progressive 940's

gasbrnr

Just installed the 940's on my 2011 SG and although the ride is better it still bothers my bad neck and spine. I had the lighter springs installed at Progressive Suspension in La Palma not far from my house which helped but with limited travel I think I may go with a longer shock like the 13" 440's. I know I'll loose the lowered look but I want to keep riding the SG. May be listing these in the classified section.

Oppinions please!

Why not install a pair of stock Electra Glide air shocks and be done with it?????

I am not a fan of aftermarket shocks. I read some where on Progressives description that the model chosen should be consider with amount of load more than 50% of the time. So when riding solo I would think the ride would be a bit harsh. I know how plush my 2008 EG rides and I would not trade the suspension for anything. Might also try swapping swapping seat for a EG seat. On suggestion though, try riding with different type of boots. The reason being that depending on the height of sole and heel combo it can contort you lower back and strain neck. I have had this happen to me. So try a flat sole boot and see what happens. Hope you get it worked out.:s

Like the wise "sir dbmg" says, I'd explore the lower cost options like boots and seats (maybe even seat covers with gel or memory foam) before spending the big bucks chasing the perfect shocks.

Just installed the 940's on my 2011 SG and although the ride is better it still bothers my bad neck and spine. I had the lighter springs installed at Progressive Suspension in La Palma not far from my house which helped but with limited travel I think I may go with a longer shock like the 13" 440's. I know I'll loose the lowered look but I want to keep riding the SG. May be listing these in the classified section.

Oppinions please!

I put a set of these on my RG and IMO have a much better ride than HD:
Motorcycle Shock Absorbers :: Kawasaki Suspension :: Progressive Suspension

We,ve got the Progressive 412s, 13" shocks, paid around $200.00 on e-bay. Im at 225 lbs ,,wife is at 110 ,, we have them set at the second click from the top and the ride is great, have not bottomed out one time,, in fact my wife noticed the ride difference, I did not tell her what I did just to see if she would notice the difference. Good luck...

================================================

One more thing, the shocks we purchased were the 412HDs part number 412-4077B/C and again there is a very noticable difference in the ride, For us the best mods have been (one) the TFI, (two) the Progressive shocks and (three) our V-Stream windshield which eliminited all of the buffetting,. Good Luck:D

================================================

Last edited by a moderator:
Back