free website stats program Progressive 940's? | Harley Davidson Forums

Progressive 940's?

rtflew

Anyone using the Progressive 940's on their bagger? I've found lots of posts on the 412's and 440's, but not finding much on the 940's. Considering upgrading to mono-tubes & some progressive rear shocks this winter, but not sure which ones yet.

Or, any direct 940 vs. 440 or 412 experience would be good to hear.

Specifically hoping to hear bagger experiences - I've used Progressives on other bikes and have always been happy with them.

For reference, bike is a 2001 FLHT, about half of the riding is 2-up, usually loaded with lots of extra "stuff" when 2-up (yup - before we got married she could take everything she needed in a small purse / backpack thing, now most times one bag isn't enough... LOL).

Thanks in advance!

RT

I put 940's on my RG recently so not many miles yet but so far so good. It lowers the back end slightly if you need that. Most of my miles so far have been on a 400 mile work related freeway trip so I can't comment on canyon carving. Come to think of it I guess I can't give you much input other than to say they are certainly no worse than the stock shocks and I don't have to carry the air pump any more. More room for the wife's purse.:D

Thanks for the input! Seat height isn't a problem, but the bike always looks nicer if it sits a little lower. :14:

The 940's have the heavy spring on them,so if you ride 2-up alot the're great but if your not 225lbs.or heavier they are very stiff,even when on the softest setting.

Anyone using the Progressive 940's on their bagger? I've found lots of posts on the 412's and 440's, but not finding much on the 940's. Considering upgrading to mono-tubes & some progressive rear shocks this winter, but not sure which ones yet.

Or, any direct 940 vs. 440 or 412 experience would be good to hear.

Specifically hoping to hear bagger experiences - I've used Progressives on other bikes and have always been happy with them.

For reference, bike is a 2001 FLHT, about half of the riding is 2-up, usually loaded with lots of extra "stuff" when 2-up (yup - before we got married she could take everything she needed in a small purse / backpack thing, now most times one bag isn't enough... LOL).

Thanks in advance!

RT

I'm using progressive 430's and am pretty happy with them - good ride and easy to adjust - just another option you might want to look into

Thanks guys! The 225lbs won't be a problem - I've got that covered! :bigsmiley24:

I'll look into the 430's a bit more, too, thanks for the suggestion!

RT

I recently purchased the 940's and they were too stiff for me (185 Lbs). I called Progressive and they told me to send them in for lighter springs. I live about 40 miles from them so I drove down there today and within 20 minutes they changed out the springs to a softer one. Great customer service.

So far they seem much better but haven't ridden two up yet, suppose I'll have to twist the pre-load a bit.

Those stock air shocks felt like a buck board.

I have a 2009 Electra Glide Ultra Classic and ride 2 up most of the time. I went with the Progressive 412 HD shocks and love them. It lowered the back end a little. Should have changed the air shocks out a long time ago.

Back