free website stats program Progressive 940's - Can't Wait! | Harley Davidson Forums

Progressive 940's - Can't Wait!

Iceman24

Just scored a NIB set of Progressive 940 shocks with standard + HD springs from another forum. Can't wait to get these and install...will have to document the update and improved riding comfort.

Mostly, I ride solo over back NE & IA roads which aren't maintained well. Really tired of the sore back & "spring-boarding" I get from stock HD shocks. After riding like this for 4-yrs...was time to invest in a change. Guess it was fate!!!

Seller's pic - should be here next week.
P-940-HDF.jpg

I'm looking forward to hearing your results. I have been considering new, upgraded shocks for a long time, but just haven't been swallow the price tag yet.

I too look forward to you opinion. I have heard some not so good things and great things. Not trying to get personal but how much do you weigh Iceman? Seems all the bad things I have read, had to do with the proper spring for the size of guy. Seems the bigger guy's have more of a problem.

I replaced my rear springs last summer on my '07 Ultra with PS 412 standard and it was a huge improvement.
Got a good deal from J&P.
Rear really felt planted.

You should feel great riding with the 940's.

Then I won a set of 412's so I got the same shocks, only in HD.
Have the little used 412's sitting in consignment at the local indy dealer.

I put the HD's on. Didn't make the ride harsh at all.
The new shocks will really improve the ride.
I also added the PS Monotube shocks during the winter.
Bike rides like a couch.
Very comfortable!

I'm 200 lbs. before my riding gear goes on.

I too look forward to you opinion. I have heard some not so good things and great things. Not trying to get personal but how much do you weigh Iceman? Seems all the bad things I have read, had to do with the proper spring for the size of guy. Seems the bigger guy's have more of a problem.

Bodeen; no worries...I'm not like the ladies IRT weight secrets. Currently I waver @ 170 lbs and the former shock owner said this is a new replacement for ones he sent back. He weighed 185 and said they were a huge improvement. Also, with the HD springs, I can double-up and load-up the bike w/added passengers + gear. Plan to install the standard springs and run a bit to get good feel on the suspension change(s). Will definitely keep all updated on how it goes.

:s Good on you Iceman. these are quality products, look forward to your install and review

I'm looking forward to hearing your results. I have been considering new, upgraded shocks for a long time, but just haven't been swallow the price tag yet.

Jennmarr; cost "definitely" is one of my major factors and I was pricing Ohlin & JRI shocks @ Motorcycle Metal (seems like Howard's the "shock whisperer") and can't seem to bring myself to dump $1K into the bike w/o considering other personal/hobby factors. Unless I was doing a SE120R motor swap, $1K's alot of dough for "one" mod...I like to share the wealth with my upgrades and make subtle changes. Accidentally stumbled across this set of 940's so hope it's the right choice...we'll see...:dknow

Back