free website stats program Progressive 412 shocks? | Harley Davidson Forums

Progressive 412 shocks?

Dean2009

My 98 Road King is in need of rear shocks and I need your thoughts on these shocks?Any input appreciated
thanks Dino

Their web site says that they sit like a lowered shock but have travel like stock. I haven't used this style from Progressive but I have used progressive on my bikes and always felt that for the money they were some of the best I've used.

Bought some off a fellow member here last year, at about 1/2 price. Really noticed improved riding comfort over the air shocks. Self-adjustable, good quality. I'll never go back to the air shocks. Now for the front end when the budget allows.

Scott in IL-'13 FLTRU (the new mistress)

Their web site says that they sit like a lowered shock but have travel like stock. I haven't used this style from Progressive but I have used progressive on my bikes and always felt that for the money they were some of the best I've used.

The Progressive 412 shock is their entry level shock and it works well.
Doesn't give the lowered look.
I have the 412 HD on my '07 Ultra and it was a noticeable improvement as soon as I took it for a ride.

The 944 series is the group that gives a 1" lower stance but acts like a full length shock.
944 shocks are mucho more money.

I thought about the 412s, but ended up spending the money on a pair of 944s. I like the 944s much better than the air shocks. The suspension feels much more solid in the turns, and I don't have to check the air pressure every week.

Back