free website stats program Programming / Using Manual Security Code (both FOB's) | Harley Davidson Forums

Programming / Using Manual Security Code (both FOB's)

glider.

BOT Machine
More info on the alarm functions.

To verify your PIN code, proceed as follows with the FOB present..
Turn ignition on-off-on-off-on.Then hit the left blinker button twice-then the right button once *. You should get the current pin number displayed in the odometer window.
Don't waste any time doing this or it will not work.

*With a button fob system you must hit the button on fob twice instead of hitting right signal to enter new code. Same to find existing PIN. Button fob twice instead of right signal.

Let's assume for simplicity that your code is set at 31313 and you wish to use the manual disarm of the security system using the directional switches as if you lost your fob and cannot disarm the system.

Your security system will disarm the bike and it cannot be started without deactivating the system first.

This applies to systems using the button type security fob only. See further down the page for later button less models.

If you are unsure of what the manual code is refer to the top of this page or check with your dealer and set one if it has not been set by them. Failure to set a manual code may require a replacement of the TSSM should a problem arise and they come at a healthy price.

Again this is based on your code being 31313 just to make it easier to understand.

1. Turn the ignition to Accessory.

2. Press both turn signals. (security light should flash rapidly)

3. Press left turn signal button 3 times. Press right turn signal button 1 time.

4. Press left turn signal button 1 time. Press right turn signal button 1 time.

5. Press left turn signal button 3 times. Press right turn signal button 1 time.

6. Press left turn signal button 1 time. Press right turn signal button 1 time.

7. Press left turn signal button 3 times. Press right turn signal button 1 time.

Security light stops flashing and security system is disarmed.

If you've changed the number, use your new number instead of 31313.

Button less fobs (Smart FOB)

To view how to deactivate the security system using the manual PIN codes, read here.

Manual Alarm Disarming Procedure

To view/change the PIN number follow this procedure, but read and understand it first, then see the note at the bottom.

1. Select 5 digit code (1 thru 9) and record it on the wallet card in the owners manual.

2. With an assigned FOB present, turn IGN key ON - OFF - ON - OFF - ON

3. Press Left turn signal switch 2 times.

4. Press Right turn signal switch one time and release.
*Turn signals will flash 3 times. Current PIN will appear in the odometer. The first digit will be flashing.

5. Enter first digit (a) of the new PIN by pressing left turn signal (a) times.

6. Press right turn signal 1 time and release.
*The new digit (a) will replace the current in the odometer window.

7. Enter second digit (b) of the new PIN by pressing left turn signal switch (b) times.

8. Press right turn signal 1 time and release.
*The new digit will replace the current in odometer window.

9. Enter the third digit (c) of the new PIN by pressing left turn signal (c) times.

10. Press the right turn switch 1 time and release.
*The new digit (c) will replace the current in the odometer window.

11. Enter forth digit (d) of the new PIN by pressing left turn signal switch (d) times.

12. Press the right turn switch 1 time and release.

13. Enter the fifth digit (e) of the new PIN by pressing left turn signal (e) times.
*The new digit (e) will replace the current in the odometer window.

14. Press the right turn switch 1 time and release.

15. Before the module rearms, turn ignition key to OFF.
* The odometer will return to mileage display.
**Turning the ignition to OFF stores the new pin in the module.

NOTE
The key to doing this procedure is to turn the ignition switch on/off/on/off/on and use the left directional 3 times then the right just once and do it all in TWO SECONDS or it will not work.
Also on new installations, the dealer has to program the fob using the bar code for it to work.

Also refer to this post for more info.

alarm fob 2008 rocker c - Harley Davidson Community

Also check this post for some input on the PIN code setting...

Alarm PIN Code - Harley Davidson Community

This weekend I had an issue with my six month old nightster (key fob battery CR2032 kaput!) I put in a new battery problem solved, if I had been out of the city this could have been a problem. It then dawned on me that anyone could bypass my security system if they know the procedure, I have since changed the factory setting PIN to my own personal PIN, followed the above instructions worked first time, thanks Mr. Data...:pelao

It should be the first thing an owner should change when buying a bike and then record it on a wallet card to carry with them.

Hello,
I just got my 04 road king on the road (salvage bike) and while I was rebuilding it I noticed it had the factory alarm installed.

I used the info I got from this site to program a new fob for it and it worked beautifully but now that I have a working fob I went to verify the alarm code (just in case) and it doesn't seem to be working for me.

I followed the directions to a T, just as i had when programming the fob.
The bike came with the nostalgic speedo/tach combo. Could this be why it isn't coming up on the odometer? And if so do I have to take it to the dealer to find out my code?

Not sure if the speedo change would effect it but I would think it should still pull up the manual code. Maybe try it again and if it doesn't work, take a trip to the dealer and ask them the same question.

Hello, in GA, my 07 HD RK is sitting at the quick trip b/c i cant reset the alarm!!! such a hassle.........I followed your much appreciated instructions to the letter but could not get it to show the exsisiting factory default PIN. Nor could I get it to prompt me to enter a new one. So, any idea what the factiory default pin is?? This happened to me once before but since then I've left the fop in the windsheild pouch but decided today after washing to remove.....but when I went for a beer run and cut it off, boom ! I'm screwed.....can get in the morning from dealer but thought might give you a try, big thanks if you can or cannot help!

Hello, in GA, my HD RK is sitting at the quick trip b/c i cant reset the alarm!!! such a hassle.........I followed your much appreciated instructions to the letter but could not get it to show the exsisiting factory default PIN. Nor could I get it to prompt me to enter a new one. So, any idea what the factiory default pin is?? This happened to me once before but since then I've left the fop in the windsheild pouch but decided today after washing to remove.....but when I went for a beer run and cut it off, boom ! I'm screwed.....can get in the morning from dealer but thought might give you a try, big thanks if you can or cannot help!

This part is important to follow and should show your PIN code set by the dealer at setup time. The pin code could be 11111 or any other combination set by the servicing dealer.Why doesn't the FOB deactivate the alarm if you put it near the bike? It looks like you have the bike and not the FOB? Usually the FOB has to be present to set the manual PIN code up or anyone could set the PIN and take the bike.

To verify your PIN code, proceed as follows with the FOB present..<<<
Turn ignition on-off-on-off-on.Then hit the left blinker button twice-then the right button once
*. You should get the current pin number displayed in the odometer window.
Don't waste any time doing this or it will not work.

You didn't have the fob present though???

snip:
To verify your PIN code, proceed as follows with the FOB present..<<<

Back