free website stats program programmer | Harley Davidson Forums

programmer

A set of python slip ons and a K&N air filter. A local bike shop here suggested it. I understand it will run to lean with these add ons

I have a 2008 with a PC 5. I haven't had any problems with it except it is a little hard to start. If it affects your bike the same way the answer is to press the start button before the fuel pump stops pumping up. Then it starts normally.

There is also a function to control the A/F mixture at start up which may help, but I haven't messed with it since the a fore mentioned trick works just fine.

A set of python slip ons and a K&N air filter. A local bike shop here suggested it. I understand it will run to lean with these add ons

That combination is a basic Stage I configuration and a Gen3 Dobeck TFI is all you need to compensate for the lean condition. The Gen3 will accomodate a bolt in cam as well. Unless you are plannng on higher compression, headwork and/or high lift/high performance cams, the Gen3 will save you some money; cheaper to buy and no dyno time; DIY tuning.:small3d036:

Like Dolt said, go with an EJK Gen 3. I just installed mine two weekends ago, with a SE hi flo a/c and less restrictive slip ons. Simple install. Trickiest part was just removing the gas tank. Started right up afterwards. I fine tuned 2 modes just a wee bit, and it runs great now, and much cooler. Tuning is very simple. Can't beat the cost. If I add cams later, a few tweeks of the buttons and we're riding again.

Back