free website stats program Programable Door Openers | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Programable Door Openers

I like the FOB idea for the garage openers, but I also have a gate that is the real pain. My homelink style devices in the cars can be programed, but I need two separate channels. Most new generation openers are sync'd to the units, not the other way around.

Just a quick note...compatiblility is an issue as of April 2005 there are 2 frequencies 390MHz (older one?) and 315MHz (the newer one?) besides the usual random spectrum combination lock coding security plus system Chamberlain, Sears and others have used. So do check your OEM remote part number to be sure. Never wanted to be an "expert" at this, but trust me, glad I had a motorcycle to ride around to find the compatible one...:s

I just simply use 1 of the remotes that came with the garage door opener. velcro it on the inside of the heat shield by my left leg. out of view, easy to reach, have not lost it yet...or melted yet and cost me next to nothing:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back