free website stats program Programable Door Openers | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Programable Door Openers

I used velcro to attach a keychain opener to the left side of my front brake fluid resevoir. Easy to use and easy to steal but no problems for over two years. If it goes missing I will reprogram the system.

With a little electronic background you can take your original opener, connect a seperate pushbutton to it, then hide the original opener inside your faring or between your tanks and run hidden wires to the mounted pushbutton. This works especially nice if you get the H-D button add-on kit for lighting and just use the button for the opener. The only pain is wherever you hide the original make sure access is somewhat easy to change the battery when necessary.

That's exactly what I did. I bought 2 odometer reset buttons and the rubber covers and drilled out the 2 switch blanks on the left side of my ignition switch, on the fairing cap, on my Street Glide. That way I can open either door on my shop. I have Sears openers so I had a total of 4 remotes. I just used one to do this programmed to both doors. :D

I have one of those small change holders mounted on my left handlebar that I use for the occasional small bridge/parking meter/ etc. I velcro'd a small rectangular door opener to the back of it. It's only inches away from my clutch
hand. I've never (8 years now) had a problem with the change holder disappearing on me while parked.

Even a standard garage door opener can fit in the breast pocket of my leather jacket, and just press the button without even having to open zip tab. Button is long and easy to find, no need to store it on the bike so it works for me.

I went with one of these

7146.jpg

got it on eBay for $15. The remote is 12v so I'm going to just wired it in to power, or leave the battery not sure yet. Then adding a very small momentary black push button on the lower part of my fairing. The range isnt the best but for ease of install and compatibly it gets my vote.

Item info :

* 100% compatible with all major brands of garage door opening systems
* Easy two wire installation
* No programming required
* Rolling code transmission for security

Essential Info
With this remote control kit you may easily add an additional garage door remote control or replace a missing or broken garage door opener without programming. Simply remove your existing garage door opener button and replace it with the Skylink Smartbutton. The easy two wire installation means you can have the system up and running in under 5 minutes simply by replacing your existing garage door opener button mounted on the wall. The improved 100 foot transmission range means you can control your garage door from several houses away. The kit features rolling code communication between the remote and smart button, which means that others cannot capture your code and control your garage door. Rolling codes constantly change, keeping your system secure.

My brother bought me a flash to pass for Christmas. Took about 10 minutet to install. Works on cars and motorcycles. Just flash your high beems and the door goes up. Works real well. You just replace the opener button in garage with new one provided and attach sending unit to high beam wires on headlight with wire piercing screws and you are done. Nice and easy no more fumbling for the garage door opener when you are on the bike just a quick flash of the lights.

My brother bought me a flash to pass for Christmas. Took about 10 minutet to install. Works on cars and motorcycles. Just flash your high beems and the door goes up. Works real well. You just replace the opener button in garage with new one provided and attach sending unit to high beam wires on headlight with wire piercing screws and you are done. Nice and easy no more fumbling for the garage door opener when you are on the bike just a quick flash of the lights.

Seems cool but whats to stop anyone to come to your door and Flash it open?

It works on the same frequency of the garage door opener each unit once hooked up is synchronezed to the main section of the garage door opener.

Back