free website stats program Programable Door Openers | Harley Davidson Forums

Programable Door Openers

DrBro

I am looking for programable garge/gate openers. I saw the flash2pass kit, and that seems analoge in a digital world. I didn't find anything in the self help section either. I assume many others want to open gates or garge doors as they ride up. I saw the Homelink version, but that looks kinda add on as well. Anyone?

123remotes_2085_602454

http://www.stanleyopeners.com/flcoset.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got the HD version. Unit mounts inside your fairing and is used by switching your headlight from high to low or vice versa. Works really well.:D

Yep, HD's kit is one option (part# 91558-01A), or you can use/buy mini TX for your goor/gate from the manufacturer and most home-stores.

Just be cautious w/the mini-remote b/c I've read a few burglary reports where thieves got the device & actually drove around to find the owner/home. Might want to keep it locked, or in pocket...

I was originally talked into the H-D programable opener when I took possession of my '08 EG Standard. Probably the best money spent, other than creature comfort mods of the seat and backrest. Simple to use, effective, and trouble free. Scott in IL

I bought a Genie add on at Home Depot for about $40. Two wires hook to the button terminals on the original opener so you are changing absolutely nothing. It came with a small fob that is on my key chain that I clip to my belt loop - it has the bike key and lock key on it as well. When I leave or come back I just push the button.

The only problem I have had is I clip my keys to my belt loop when I go out into the garage and when I am putting my boots on, I sometimes open or close the door. Something about when I bend over sitting down the button gets pushed. I guess I should use a belt loop more on the side instead of the front.

I have a sears programable garage door opener so I just purchased a mini opener and put it on my key chain. It is also small enough you velcro it on the fairing.:bigsmiley6:

With a little electronic background you can take your original opener, connect a seperate pushbutton to it, then hide the original opener inside your faring or between your tanks and run hidden wires to the mounted pushbutton. This works especially nice if you get the H-D button add-on kit for lighting and just use the button for the opener. The only pain is wherever you hide the original make sure access is somewhat easy to change the battery when necessary.

I have used the HD version on my last couple of bikes and it works well and I can open the door from a block away.

Back