free website stats program Problems reconnecting throttle cables | Harley Davidson Forums

Problems reconnecting throttle cables

sanec1

I swapped out the stock grips and am having problems getting the brass ferrules/cables in the holes on the grip(I can get one or the other back on). It was getting late and I thought I would go home and get my manual and see why I am struggling. Looks like I just need to loosen the lock nut on the one I am fighting with. I left it for the evening and will go at it again when there is more light. I think the glue on the clutch side will be dry by then!:small3d015:. Looking for a little help from someone who knows, thanks!

dont know how u got the other grips off without backing off the cable adjusters, back em off n it will be easy.

I'm a lot closer to you then Ken is,you could have brought the steaks over here and I would have given you a hand:D

Thanks for the replies. the cable adjusters weren't moving last night after I went home to get the manual. I will try some rust penetrant tonight. The old one came off easy. I took off the three bolts on the front brake assembly and the grip slid right off(not the correct procedure I'm sure). Thanks for the offer kemo- be nice to get out for another ride. STEVE07- thanks to you too, may take you up on that some day. By the way, I went to a place in Cambridge with my fuel line quik-disconnect and they helped me out with a braided S.S cover for my fuel tank equalizing line. Told me it was a scrap piece- no charge !

Back