Problems reconnecting throttle cables

Discussion in 'Engine, Fuel and Exhaust' started by sanec1, Jul 22, 2009.

1. sanec1

sanec1 Active Member

I swapped out the stock grips and am having problems getting the brass ferrules/cables in the holes on the grip(I can get one or the other back on). It was getting late and I thought I would go home and get my manual and see why I am struggling. Looks like I just need to loosen the lock nut on the one I am fighting with. I left it for the evening and will go at it again when there is more light. I think the glue on the clutch side will be dry by then!:small3d015:. Looking for a little help from someone who knows, thanks!
  2. rancid

rancid Active Member

dont know how u got the other grips off without backing off the cable adjusters, back em off n it will be easy.
  3. glider

glider Veteran Member

Much easier to do if you collapse the adjusters on both cables.
  4. kemo

kemo R.I.P

Gee Chris you should have brought the steaks over.
  5. STEVE07

STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

I'm a lot closer to you then Ken is,you could have brought the steaks over here and I would have given you a hand:D
  6. sanec1

sanec1 Active Member

Thanks for the replies. the cable adjusters weren't moving last night after I went home to get the manual. I will try some rust penetrant tonight. The old one came off easy. I took off the three bolts on the front brake assembly and the grip slid right off(not the correct procedure I'm sure). Thanks for the offer kemo- be nice to get out for another ride. STEVE07- thanks to you too, may take you up on that some day. By the way, I went to a place in Cambridge with my fuel line quik-disconnect and they helped me out with a braided S.S cover for my fuel tank equalizing line. Told me it was a scrap piece- no charge !