free website stats program problem with rear mount | Harley Davidson Forums

problem with rear mount

93hdss

i think i have a problem with my 93 flt.when driving on highway it feels squirely.i recently had a rear flat when i removed the rear tire. i used a sissor jack supporting the bike.the board i had used had split it put alot of pressure on the oil/trans pan.what im asking is where is the mount located that i might have torn to cause this feeling at highway speeds

93hdss, hopefully you can remember the sequence and procedure you used to remove and install the wheel, please take a look at this link and see if you can back track.
http://www.hdtimeline.com/chassis_suspension_and_front_end/4290-removing_rear_wheel.html

If you used a lift, try to look at the contact points with a straight edge to see if you may have bent something (unlikely, but as you have a concern, check it as peripheral damage can happen...just as accidents can happen.

Keep us up to date on what you find...

Last edited:
any more suggestions.its not my rear wheel done that 4 times replcing my tire.this is a rear mount or swing arm concern.just looking to see if i need to remove my swing arm to get to a mount for the oil pan

Back