problem with rear mount

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by 93hdss, Feb 8, 2010.

1. 93hdss

93hdss Member

i think i have a problem with my 93 flt.when driving on highway it feels squirely.i recently had a rear flat when i removed the rear tire. i used a sissor jack supporting the bike.the board i had used had split it put alot of pressure on the oil/trans pan.what im asking is where is the mount located that i might have torn to cause this feeling at highway speeds

2. tourglider

tourglider Member

Do you have the rear wheel trued up,if its not lined up right this could cause this.

3. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

93hdss, hopefully you can remember the sequence and procedure you used to remove and install the wheel, please take a look at this link and see if you can back track.
    http://www.hdtalking.com/chassis_suspension_and_front_end/4290-removing_rear_wheel.html

If you used a lift, try to look at the contact points with a straight edge to see if you may have bent something (unlikely, but as you have a concern, check it as peripheral damage can happen...just as accidents can happen.

Keep us up to date on what you find...

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  4. 93hdss

93hdss Member

any more suggestions.its not my rear wheel done that 4 times replcing my tire.this is a rear mount or swing arm concern.just looking to see if i need to remove my swing arm to get to a mount for the oil pan