free website stats program Problem with muffler mounting bracket | Harley Davidson Forums

Problem with muffler mounting bracket

Nails

The rubber bushing on the right side muffler mounting bracket periodically works it way loose, this is the 3rd time since July. It is no big deal to take off the bag and reposition it but is starting to get annoying. I do have aftermarket V&H monster rounds on the bike.
Has anyone else had this problem? Any thoughts on a fix?

Are you saying that the rubber gromment is coming out of brackect because bolt works loose?????

it allmost sounds that bolt is too small or grommet is wore out. did bolt happen to get replaced with a smaller diameter bolt during exhaust change?

The rubber bushing that the hanger for the muffler goes into keeps working out toward the front of the bike. To fix it; I have to loosen the bracket from the muffler, push the rubber bushing back into the square opening, and then tighten the bracket. The bushing seems to fit snug but works itself out.

The rubber bushing that the hanger for the muffler goes into keeps working out toward the front of the bike. To fix it; I have to loosen the bracket from the muffler, push the rubber bushing back into the square opening, and then tighten the bracket. The bushing seems to fit snug but works itself out.

Try some lube where the hangar(METAL ) part slides through the rubber

Just replace it. In fact, do both sides. They are not expensive. Use a lube like Jack wrote above.

TQ

Are you saying that the rubber gromment is coming out of brackect because bolt works loose?????
Had this problem. Just put it in the opposite way. One side has a ridge ( I think the Ridge is in the front, just reverse it so the ridge is in the back. Fixed the problem for me.

The rubber bushing on the right side muffler mounting bracket periodically works it way loose, this is the 3rd time since July. It is no big deal to take off the bag and reposition it but is starting to get annoying. I do have aftermarket V&H monster rounds on the bike.
Has anyone else had this problem? Any thoughts on a fix?

My monster ovals did this, I put mine in backwards too and also put a zip tie around it, no more probs.

Back