free website stats program Problem with fuel pump not starting when Start Switch Turned ON | Harley Davidson Forums

Problem with fuel pump not starting when Start Switch Turned ON

JimmyZ

I'm having problems with my electric fuel pump not priming when I turn the start switch on to crank to my 09 Heritage Softail Classic.

Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening?????
Its still under warranty but I''m 2 hrs from the shop and I'm wondering if its something I can take care of.

It works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't.

I'm having problems with my electric fuel pump not priming when I turn the start switch on to crank to my 09 Heritage Softail Classic.

Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening?????
Its still under warranty but I''m 2 hrs from the shop and I'm wondering if its something I can take care of.

It works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't.
Did you ever find an answer to this problem?

Did any find an answer to JimmyZ's problem - "I'm having problems with my electric fuel pump not priming when I turn the start switch on to crank to my 09 Heritage Softail Classic."

I am having the same problem with my 2004 Haritage

I am having the same problem with my 2004 Haritage

Could be engine kill/run switch,, could be system relay,, could be fuel pump itself,, could be a connections in-between.

Need more information from you.
Bike won't start & just cranks? What do you finally do in order to start it. Once started, does bike run fine under all conditions. Are you using a meter to determine the pump is not priming or are you just going by the sound.
What have you done to this point so far as far as testing.

Back