free website stats program Problem Alarm | Harley Davidson Forums

Problem Alarm

STClassic

Got home from work a nd heard a tweet coming from the garage, my alarm on my bike kept going off. At one point I couldn't get it to shut off,
After paying with the fob and turn signals I got it to stop only to start going off again about an hour later.
I ended up disconnecting the battery!
Anyone have any ideas on why the alarm would just start going off? (the alarm was not armed when it would go off)
Thanks in advance...
STClassic

Sorry my bike is an"01" FLSTC

Last edited:
Gremlins?:s

How's the battery in the siren and FOB?

Any animals in the garage, raccoon, skunk??

No animals in the garage.
The battery in the fob is ok, but I don't know about the siren. Is the battery in the siren supposed to recharge through the battery for the bike?
Could that cause the alarm to go off when it's disarmed?
Last week I forgot to turn of the accesary switch and drained the battery I had to recharge the battery to start it. Maybe the battery in the siren didn't have enough time to charge? (does this make sense?)
Thanks Glider I check out what I can....

The bike recharges thew siren battery but it could also be that the siren battery is defective.

Glider, found this on the site... Man it pays to look!

I guess there is a battery in the siren I did check my battery in the bike and it's down to 12.4volts around 13.4 when it's running.
I guess I'm going to have to pull the siren out and check the 9volt battery in it.
Again thanks for the help.

Back