free website stats program Problem after problem 2012 sportster 72 | Harley Davidson Forums

Problem after problem 2012 sportster 72

brokenscout

hello all. I bought a 2012 sportster 72 brand new off the showroom floor. Recently i noticed a clicking sound coming from the left side of the engine as i accelerated, than at speed. i was close enough to my 5k service so i decided to have that looked at. Savannah harley davidson determined it was a bad clutch hub bearing. After ordering the clutch hub bearing it was further determined that the bearing ordered doesn't fit in the hub proper. So,,,, now a new clutch hub on top. All warranty work. Fine. well i just got my bike back from savannah harley davidson (with a few new scratches :***:) and there is some serious vibration in the left foot peg. Anyone got any ideas what might cause that?

brokenscout,

Take it back to the dealer, if they are reputable, they will make it right, good luck!

Was it the clutch for sure? I mean did you also check the primary chains adjustment? that makes a clacking noise too. Either way if you have a warranty, abuse it. They should make it right.

Man that's some sloppy work by either a lousy mechanic or bad shop!! I think I'd get the work done at another dealer. I mean scratches and vibrations?? What the is going on. Don't they test drive their repairs? Go to another shop this one doesn't care. Get a good mechanic who cares!! and all your troubles will go away!!!! and you'll be riding instead of waiting.

Back