Problem after problem 2012 sportster 72

Discussion in 'Sportster Models' started by brokenscout, Nov 3, 2013.

1. brokenscout

brokenscout New Member

hello all. I bought a 2012 sportster 72 brand new off the showroom floor. Recently i noticed a clicking sound coming from the left side of the engine as i accelerated, than at speed. i was close enough to my 5k service so i decided to have that looked at. Savannah harley davidson determined it was a bad clutch hub bearing. After ordering the clutch hub bearing it was further determined that the bearing ordered doesn't fit in the hub proper. So,,,, now a new clutch hub on top. All warranty work. Fine. well i just got my bike back from savannah harley davidson (with a few new scratches :***:) and there is some serious vibration in the left foot peg. Anyone got any ideas what might cause that?

2. gator508

gator508 Well-Known Member

brokenscout,

Take it back to the dealer, if they are reputable, they will make it right, good luck!

3. Nikko684

Nikko684 Active Member

Was it the clutch for sure? I mean did you also check the primary chains adjustment? that makes a clacking noise too. Either way if you have a warranty, abuse it. They should make it right.

4. bio_research

bio_research Member Contributor

It could just be a loose spot on the primary chain... I just had to replace mine...

5. vonh

vonh Member

Man that's some sloppy work by either a lousy mechanic or bad shop!! I think I'd get the work done at another dealer. I mean scratches and vibrations?? What the is going on. Don't they test drive their repairs? Go to another shop this one doesn't care. Get a good mechanic who cares!! and all your troubles will go away!!!! and you'll be riding instead of waiting.