free website stats program primary removal | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

primary removal

It simulates a round chain roller. This way when the bar presses into the sprockets (and it will press very hard) it is easy on the sprockets instead of a straight edge digging in.

If you plan on doing the SE comp on your 2010,, You will need this tool.

For some reasonl, I'm unable to find the dimensions of the Dyna/Softail bar on the 'net.
Someone asked what the difference is. I att. pictures of each, the touring primary is shorter (trans is closer to engine) than Dyna/Softail. Most noticable is the inspection cover area, square-ish vs oval.

Attachments

• glide primary.jpg
    glide primary.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 4
  • dyna primary.jpg
    dyna primary.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 4
Thanks for trying to hunt down the size for Dyna. Maybe someone who has already purchased the high price spread will post the measurement.

There may even be two levels of Dyna covers because my 2009 FXDL has the long primary cover as in the picture but no smaller inspection cover at all. Only access I have is the large round derby cover for clutch adjustment. But I also have auto chain tensioner so that may be the reason.

Thanks for trying to hunt down the size for Dyna. Maybe someone who has already purchased the high price spread will post the measurement.

There may even be two levels of Dyna covers because my 2009 FXDL has the long primary cover as in the picture but no smaller inspection cover at all. Only access I have is the large round derby cover for clutch adjustment. But I also have auto chain tensioner so that may be the reason.

You are most welcome. Primary's were changed in '07 to the non removeable inspection cover. The outline is still there on my Electra.

Dynas seem to be the test platform for the MOCO imagine that:s

You wouldn't be so kind as to give out the dimensions would ya?:D

Primary Chain Locking Bar, 4 Sp Big Twins & 5 Sp FXST 8.500
Primary Chain Locking Bar, 5 Speed FXR & FLT 7.600

Went to Georges Garage and this is what came up after putting items in shopping cart. Do the 8.5 and 7.6 sound about right?

Back