free website stats program Primary question? | Harley Davidson Forums

Primary question?

Howdy fellas it's me again. Quick question I was riding today and yes it was hot, I had to turn around on a downhill slope and my left leg had to touch the primary and it was burning through my pants should it be this hot? I don't remember my 04 flhti being that hot just thought i'd ask. It has primary plus in it thanx alot .

Everything in contact with the engine will become hot as metal transfers heat very well.

Thanks guys I thought it was probably me. I know the new primary sticks out farther than my old one so probably never touched it while I was turning around:s

Something to watch out for if you're wearing your rain gear, make sure your leg doesn't touch the primary or the pipes at any time. Rain gear melts really fast and sticks like you know what on the surface it touches. Don't ask me how I know.

Something to watch out for if you're wearing your rain gear, make sure your leg doesn't touch the primary or the pipes at any time. Rain gear melts really fast and sticks like you know what on the surface it touches. Don't ask me how I know.

I'll bet most of us know how you know.

Back