free website stats program Primary or something issue | Harley Davidson Forums

Primary or something issue

I have a 2008 Ultra Classic, I have noticed a issue that has been popping up from time to time. When I shut my bike down after it has been running and I get back on it and go to start it sometimes I here what might be a grinding noise coming from the primary when I go to start. Does not do it all the time nor does it do it when I am riding. I changed the primary oil yesterday all part of normal service and did not see any strange with the oil. I also look and felt around inside, of course to the best of my ability. This fourm has been nothing but help since I joined with questions and or issues that I have had. Can anyone enlighten me?

The 96 inch engines have been having some problems with the compensator.
The remedy is to upgrade to the Screamin Eagle unit. Look in the self help and tips section, there are several items about it.

I have a 2008 Ultra Classic, I have noticed a issue that has been popping up from time to time. When I shut my bike down after it has been running and I get back on it and go to start it sometimes I here what might be a grinding noise coming from the primary when I go to start. Does not do it all the time nor does it do it when I am riding. I changed the primary oil yesterday all part of normal service and did not see any strange with the oil. I also look and felt around inside, of course to the best of my ability. This fourm has been nothing but help since I joined with questions and or issues that I have had. Can anyone enlighten me?

I hate grinding noises from the primary. Open it up and check that everything is tight.

TQ

Back