free website stats program Primary Oil Leak | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Primary Oil Leak

Just to releive everyones thoughts on this I tore the trans out and found the only problem is the 5th mainshaft gear and of course seals and I replaced the output bearing as well the dealer had it all in stock weird like they knew these things have problems so as a service to me they pressed it apart for me and installed the new parts for the cost of the gear so i am on the road most likely by tommorrow after I put it all back together!

Just to releive everyones thoughts on this I tore the trans out and found the only problem is the 5th mainshaft gear and of course seals and I replaced the output bearing as well the dealer had it all in stock weird like they knew these things have problems so as a service to me they pressed it apart for me and installed the new parts for the cost of the gear so i am on the road most likely by tommorrow after I put it all back together!

Good deal Sir!!!:hii Glad to hear your back up & running!

got the scoot back together tonight and everything went well no leaks and it seems to be alot more quite than it was before now the only thing I am still wondering about is how did it crack the 5th main shaft drive gear. I am going up to the dealer saturday to ride the 103 Street glide he is offering me a good deal on a tradein in my opinion, so we will give it a spin to see how we like it. I will let you know which way we go it is either the street glide or the ultra they have up there only thing I do not like about the ultra is it feels heavy on the rear end when you sit on it and give it a tip either way were as the street glide seems well balanced compared to the ultra

well we went for the ultra and I still have my 03 for short trips guess the dealer made me such a good offer I couldn't walk away from the ultra now I am looking at getting a quick detach for the tour pack and a drivers backrest anyone out there wanting to grt rid of there stuff give me yell also some pipes this thing is to quite for me! any suggestions on pipes? or anyone wanting to make a deal on them pm me!

Attachments

• !B1oHPMQBWk~$(KGrHqMOKkEE)Nz,LymzBMfRMUK24!~~_3.jpg
    !B1oHPMQBWk~$(KGrHqMOKkEE)Nz,LymzBMfRMUK24!~~_3.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 6
Back