free website stats program Primary Noise | Harley Davidson Forums

Primary Noise

Duffmiester

I know I have seen this thread somewhere but couldn't find it. I have an 08 Roadking Classic with just over 15000 miles. My problem is most time when I go to start it their is a terrible noise from somewher around the primary area. It's like a loud crunch. I let off the ignition and I can smell unburnt gas and ususlly on the secound or third try it will start. I'v re-adjusted my clutch thinking it could be it but noise is still there. I'v checked my battery strarting amp output and thats good. Just wondering if anyone had had this happen and what the outcome was. Thanks:(

Just wondering. Will the OEM compensator give out over time due to the HD being cheap with this flawed design?

I'm inclined to think it may have future problems with the bang it takes every start up. There's a lot of torque behind that hit.

on a cvo forum there is a pic of a exploded one came across it while searching about the comp

ill see if i can find it again

index.php

According to the post it is a 07

The language there wouldget ya banned here so no link

Last edited:
I have the same machine, 08 RKC and changed to the Screamin' Eagle compensator at 14,500. It was a big improvement right off the bat and keeps getting better over time. Now with 17,500, I'd recommend everyone get one installed at the factory (if that is possible) if ordering a machine. However, if you don't experience the inferior unit, you might never really appreciate the improved version.

I really don't think it's an option to get this installed at the factory. We're lucky to get the choice of colors. Anything after that is dealer installed.

Back