free website stats program Primary Locking Bar | Harley Davidson Forums

Primary Locking Bar

Can anyone tell me the overall length of the Primary Locking Bar HD 47977 for the 2006 onwards Dyna models?
The dealers here won't supply to owners and the only alternative is Jim's.
Now call me cheap,but the UK equivelant of $63 seems a heck of a price for a bit of flat bar.I can make one in 15 minutes for $5 or less.
The other dimensions would be good,I was thinking 1-1/4" wide and 1/4" thick.

Thanks in advance for any help given.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have notes (from the internet, so it has to be true), that say Softail and Dyna locking bars are 7 1/2", Touring are 6". If you have the metal bar, remove the primary and make your own measurement and cut. Slightly round the edges.

If you need it to remove clutch basket, compensator, and chain assembly. A piece of scrap lumber strategically placed works for me every time.

If you need it to remove clutch basket, compensator, and chain assembly. A piece of scrap lumber strategically placed works for me every time.

This always works for me.

That old banged up cutting board in the kitchen. I cut mine up in strips. Staggered them and screwed together. Works like a dream. Hard plastic or polyurethane no damage to teeth.

It's on here somewhere, that's where I got the idea.

Can anyone tell me the overall length of the Primary Locking Bar HD 47977 for the 2006 onwards Dyna models?
The dealers here won't supply to owners and the only alternative is Jim's.
Now call me cheap,but the UK equivelant of $63 seems a heck of a price for a bit of flat bar.I can make one in 15 minutes for $5 or less.
The other dimensions would be good,I was thinking 1-1/4" wide and 1/4" thick.

Thanks in advance for any help given.:)

I am not calling you cheap!!! You are smart! I made my own locking bar. I don't see why I need to buy one from HD... Just cut the length and grind out the corners for $63? No thanks!!!:small3d019::small3d002:

Back