free website stats program Primary Chaincase Cover Gasket | Harley Davidson Forums

Primary Chaincase Cover Gasket

Trek

Hey folks I just pulled my cover off my 09 ultra to do a quick inspection inside and was wanting to know if anyone has reused the gasket. I know the book calls for a new gasket each time just like it says for the clutch inspection cover gasket. I have reused the clutch inspection cover gasket before without any leaks but was wondering what everyone thought about the primary cover gasket. I guess worst case scenario is I will have to drain the fluid and pull the cover again.

I think many of us reuse many of those primary side gaskets. Mine always look like new so I didn't see the harm in trying it.

Hey folks I just pulled my cover off my 09 ultra to do a quick inspection inside and was wanting to know if anyone has reused the gasket. I know the book calls for a new gasket each time just like it says for the clutch inspection cover gasket. I have reused the clutch inspection cover gasket before without any leaks but was wondering what everyone thought about the primary cover gasket. I guess worst case scenario is I will have to drain the fluid and pull the cover again.

As long as it has not been "bent", you will probably be able to reuse it. I use mine several times over until they look too "squashed". I do wipe them as dry as possible and let them sit out for a while before using them. Over time, I have collected more than one, and then I "rotate" them each time I need to open up the covers.

TQ

I have used the primary gasket a few times and have had no issues with it although i do have a new one ready to use if required

Brian

Back