Primary chain tensioner

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by the draggin, Mar 27, 2009.

1. the draggin

the draggin Active Member

Has anyone experience with the hydraulic tensioner? I have my primary apart and was wandering if this could be a good upgrade.

2. kemo

kemo R.I.P

I use a HB125 tensioner on my 2000 Electra Glide. Works very nice with no lurching around parking lots where you are on and off the throttle. Gets my recommendation

3. hntwrobin

hntwrobin Active Member

I have the Hayden M6 in my 99 Roadking they work great. When I had a shop installed many of them straight forward install.:D

4. jonny oz

jonny oz Member

I would buy it if I were you. I tried adjusting the primary chain just through the inspection cover, it's extremely tricky. I failed, had to remove the primary cover. Installed an automatic tensioner, now I'll never worry about it again.

5. glider

glider Veteran Member

Out of the two mentioned above, the HB125 is the better of the two IMO because of the hydraulic dampening in the unit that the M6 lacks.

6. the draggin

the draggin Active Member

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your quick response. I'm on my way over to the shop now. Thanks again.....

7. UglyJohn

UglyJohn Active Member

I would agree 100%! (Yeah, I know. . . as if I got any weight!) But, I do know the guy here in the Rogue Valley. He is a straight up kind of guy and the product is first class and works very very well. I've had them on every bike except my new one. However, it's something that I must put on my summer to do list. I've had him put 'em on the other bikes.
    Ugly John

8. glider

glider Veteran Member

Your 07 ultra should have the factory self adjuster John.

9. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Are there ones made for an older '04 Sportster?...Just curious if I am going to have the primary cover off.