free website stats program Primary chain tensioner | Harley Davidson Forums

Primary chain tensioner

the draggin

Has anyone experience with the hydraulic tensioner? I have my primary apart and was wandering if this could be a good upgrade.

I use a HB125 tensioner on my 2000 Electra Glide. Works very nice with no lurching around parking lots where you are on and off the throttle. Gets my recommendation

I have the Hayden M6 in my 99 Roadking they work great. When I had a shop installed many of them straight forward install.:D

I would buy it if I were you. I tried adjusting the primary chain just through the inspection cover, it's extremely tricky. I failed, had to remove the primary cover. Installed an automatic tensioner, now I'll never worry about it again.

Out of the two mentioned above, the HB125 is the better of the two IMO because of the hydraulic dampening in the unit that the M6 lacks.

Out of the two mentioned above, the HB125 is the better of the two IMO because of the hydraulic dampening in the unit that the M6 lacks.

I would agree 100%! (Yeah, I know. . . as if I got any weight!) But, I do know the guy here in the Rogue Valley. He is a straight up kind of guy and the product is first class and works very very well. I've had them on every bike except my new one. However, it's something that I must put on my summer to do list. I've had him put 'em on the other bikes.
Ugly John

Are there ones made for an older '04 Sportster?...Just curious if I am going to have the primary cover off.

Back