free website stats program Primary Chain Install | Harley Davidson Forums

Primary Chain Install

Where can I find on this site any information pertaining to the proper procedures to putting a Primary Chain back on after taking out the Compensator for inspection and putting back together? I had a knocking in my inner primary towards the compensator. So I thought. After taking Primary cover off and taking the compensator off, I realized that the compensator was actually in good shape. My noise actually ended up being the chain tensioner missing the actual metal arm that attatches to the front plastic nipple part and goes on to the spring tensioned steel post. IF that makes sense. That piece was completely missing. Not sure where it went. Bike still ran fine and shifted fine etc... Now that I have the new tensioner, I need to put compensator back on and the tensioner as well as the chain. Any information on the proper way to handle this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Where can I find on this site any information pertaining to the proper procedures to putting a Primary Chain back on after taking out the Compensator for inspection and putting back together? I had a knocking in my inner primary towards the compensator. So I thought. After taking Primary cover off and taking the compensator off, I realized that the compensator was actually in good shape. My noise actually ended up being the chain tensioner missing the actual metal arm that attatches to the front plastic nipple part and goes on to the spring tensioned steel post. IF that makes sense. That piece was completely missing. Not sure where it went. Bike still ran fine and shifted fine etc... Now that I have the new tensioner, I need to put compensator back on and the tensioner as well as the chain. Any information on the proper way to handle this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Transmission,Clutch and Primary (Drive Train) | Archive | HDTimeline.Com In here:s Or try you tube

I actually just found some common sense I had stored away. I typed in Primary Chain Install in the search portion and found all kinds of good info. Thanks for the quick reply. Sometimes I just have to stop and take a deep breath and think for a minute. LOL..

I actually just found some common sense I had stored away. I typed in Primary Chain Install in the search portion and found all kinds of good info. Thanks for the quick reply. Sometimes I just have to stop and take a deep breath and think for a minute. LOL..

:s Good job, let us know how it turns out:s

Back