free website stats program Primary Adjustment on 2009 | Harley Davidson Forums

Primary Adjustment on 2009

cpoores

I am New to this site and to the Harley Davidson family.
I have a 2009 Street Glide 96 cubic inch and Six Speed Trans.
I viewed the Video for the Primary adjustment and I do not have an inspection cover. I am going to have to remove the cover entirely.
Is there another way to adjust this or am I just hoping for and easier way out? Also. will I have to get another seal, or is this an O-Ring on the Primary cover?

I am New to this site and to the Harley Davidson family.
I have a 2009 Street Glide 96 cubic inch and Six Speed Trans.
I viewed the Video for the Primary adjustment and I do not have an inspection cover. I am going to have to remove the cover entirely.
Is there another way to adjust this or am I just hoping for and easier way out? Also. will I have to get another seal, or is this an O-Ring on the Primary cover?

How 'bout guys with older technology without automatic hydralic adjuster, my Sporty probably does not have it, so is the inspection cover just that, and you have to pull the entire cover to adjust anyway? I also saw the very same thing in my owners manual regarding the O-ring. :coffee

If your Sportser is like my Buell there is a screw and a nut on the underside of the primary. You loosen off the nut and adjust the screw and then lock the screw with the nut.. Very simple.

If your Sportser is like my Buell there is a screw and a nut on the underside of the primary. You loosen off the nut and adjust the screw and then lock the screw with the nut.. Very simple.

:57: Thank you, I still haven't received my Service Manual yet, so not only am I green at this Harley thing, but will eventually go orange and then to black ala Hobbit :D

To adjust properly you'll still need to remove the inspection cover to measure the freeplay.

Back