free website stats program Prices in Canada | Harley Davidson Forums

Prices in Canada

ghuczek

Why is a Harley in Canada priced at about 3 grand more than a US bike, even though Canadian currency is on par with the US dollar?

You can thank MR Fred Deely for that as you know all Canadian Harley Davidson dealers .Have have Deeley associated with there name .Here is a example I bought my bike at Kanes harley davidson but when you do all the paper work Its Kane's Harley Davidson Deeley Canada.Mr Deeley is the exclusive Harley Distributor motor cycles and parts for Canada .Every harley part you buy goes thru his hands so to speak.The Government takes there cut Mr deeley Takes his cut then the actual Dealer takes there cut .I believe Mr deeley's cut is quite substantial. As it is his business.Thats why I buy all my parts Direct from the American Dealers or Ebay this buy passes mr deeley and brings the prices down even with the shipping.I may be wrong but I do believe thats how it works .here is a link re deeley Harley Davidson
http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/Content/Pages/CA_Deeley/deeley_canada.jsp?locale=en_ca

Last edited:
What position is this Mr Deeley? I find it hard that he'd have a monopoly on ALL HD dealers in Canada. Or is this a govt position that deals with importing of products? (See how ignorant we American's are of Canadian govt?)

I would have thought with all that NAFTA brohaha there was a few years ago... that this sort of thing wouldn't even be an issue anymore.
Wish I could give you the answer to that 1 .Possibly something He has worked out with HD them selves .Or HD and the Canadian Government .But it is true .HD and Buell

Fred Deeley Imports has total controle over everything harley thats entering Canada and I believe they slap their own tax to all parts. There is a HD dealer in Alberta thats NOT a HD dealer if that makes sence. They buy new harleys in the US from dealers, bring them up here and sell them at good prices with carb kits and aftermarket exhaust. With that they are able to offer warrenties and honor them, this is my understanding but not possitive. http://www.houseofthunderinc.com
Buy parts from ebay or American Dealers. Want to save money...don't use FED-X or UPS....use USPS....you see there is a federal law in Canada that Canada post can only charges $5.00 for customs fees....so with reduced fees you can increase your profits....and USPS or Canada Post is cheaper to ship....

Being Canadian and living only a 4 hr drive from the US border, would there be any problems if I bought a bus ticket, went down to a US dealer, picked up a pre-ordered bike and drove it home? (I would take care of licenses, registration, insurance and all that beforehand). Does a US warranty apply internationally? Could my local dealer refuse to service the bike? Are there any other problems I might run into, besides an envious border customs agents drooling over a new bike?

(The ride home would be a great break-in experience I think.)

Fred Deeley Imports has total control over everything harley thats entering Canada and I believe they slap their own tax to all parts.

This sort of thing is really pissing Canucks off, to the point that there is more cross-border shopping taking place for all sorts of items, especially anything that has a major price tag. What a rip-off that a Canadian Distibutor should be responsible for jacking up prices so much.

Back