free website stats program Prescription Sunglasses | Harley Davidson Forums

Prescription Sunglasses

krazy3

I've been looking for a set of prescription sunglasses that I can wear while riding. Unfortunately you can't try them before you buy them

Working with my VSP program at work, I found an eye doctor close that carries the Liberty Sport brand. They carry the Trailblazer model as well as the Biker model. I believe that Liberty makes the Rec Specs line as well.

Before I get the Wiley-X and RayBan debate, I don't have those options.

Just looking to see if anybody has and experience, good or bad, with those models I listed above.

You might consider looking into the Laser eye surgery then you can buy whatever sunglasses you want. I had it done a year ago after wearing glasses for 50 plus years and it is without doubt the best money I have ever spent. The really cool thing is that you can now have those great shades that you always wanted but could not wear. Just a thought, my two bits worth.

I have a close friend who did the Laser, now he just cannot drive at night the lights kill his eyes. He is one of the guys the small print talk about. I do know others who are fine, and love their new eyes.

You may want to look at this sight'

Welcome To Riders Eyewear! :: High Performance Motorcycle Eyewear they are located in Bellaire Buffs Florida

I just ordered a pair and I think they have a program that will send you a few pairs before you buy...if they are Rx. Price isn't bad either...Just ordered a new pair of clear for night time. Was getting tired of the Wiely-X pair.

Otherwise I wear Ibeams and they work great.

Last edited:
Krazy3; I just went to my local eyecare store & looked for frames that could be used for sunglasses and helmet wear (i.e. wrap-around frames). You'll find most frames can also have tinted prescription lenses and I selected a set of Bole that worked extremely well & were very comfortable. Some also sell frames specifically designed for m/c riders (mine did), but I preferred the Bole frabe b/c it was more comfortable & better quality (metal frame vs. plastic). Good Luck!

Just as a precaution--check with your Optometrist to make sure YOUR prescription can be fitted to your choice of frames.

I had issues with my last lens grind that couldn't be used with Wrap Around frames.
I understand this is more of an issue with multi focal lenses,but ask anyway.

Could save yourself some angst.

I looked and settled on a pair of 7 Eye brand with the removable foam. Biscuit is correct about prescription with wrap around lenses. The 7 Eye brand is comfortable and is great quality. Since I wear no line bifocals and the lenses change with the light, these are great. Also their customer service is great!

I bought the Ray bans at Lenscrafters. They were the wrap arounds. Had my prescription put in, both bi-focal and distance. It was like looking through a fish lens. They changed them twice, but I could never use them, so they refunded my money. You can try them there, as they refund you money within 30 days.

You may want to look at this sight'

Welcome To Riders Eyewear! :: High Performance Motorcycle Eyewear they are located in Bellaire Buffs Florida

I just ordered a pair and I think they have a program that will send you a few pairs before you buy...if they are Rx. Price isn't bad either...Just ordered a new pair of clear for night time. Was getting tired of the Wiely-X pair.

Otherwise I wear Ibeams and they work great.

I just ordered a pair of transition lens glasses from this outfit. They sent me 4 sets to "try on" to determine which I liked and then I ordered the pair I wanted with the prescription lenses. You just return the try on's for credit towards the prescription ones.

Back