free website stats program Premium Ride Touring Shocks | Harley Davidson Forums

Premium Ride Touring Shocks

Harttoo

Just installed new premium ride shocks and what a difference! Last year We had one of the coldest winter's in Wisconsin.Roads heaved and cracked.This usually gets better when the frost goes out of the ground.Not after last winter.The roads are just "bone jarring" on a motorcycle.The air shocks would bottom out on occasion,making the ride really rough.
So,I figured I would give the Premium Ride shocks a try.The ride comfort is like night and day.No more bottoming out and the normal ride over bumps and RR tracks is much more controlled and comfortable.Though pricey, They are worth the money!!:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I totally agree....one of the best things I've done is to remove the air shocks and install the premium ride shocks ...wish I had done it years ago....

Retail $549.00.I bought Mine from E-bay for $100.00 less.I have the 13",I have heard others say that the 12'' are a rough ride.

I waited and bought mine when my local dealer had their spring open house(15% off). I finally was able to put some miles on the bike and I love the new shocks. HD should be ashamed for putting those worthless air shocks on their touring bikes. I can't believe the difference in the ride and handling. Harley should just toss the air shocks and put these shocks on all of their touring bikes.

Sounds like just what I've been looking for. I checked the HD site, doesn't look like they'll fit my '99 FLHR. Anyone know for sure?

Sounds like just what I've been looking for. I checked the HD site, doesn't look like they'll fit my '99 FLHR. Anyone know for sure?

Looks like 2009 and up. We're stuck with Ohlins, Bitubo or Progressive.......factory...

I noticed that in the catalog too. Seems rathe odd because when you check fitment guides from other shock makers several of them use the same shock for applications from '83 through to the current model year.

Is "premium ride shocks" the brand name? Has anyone also replaced the front shocks or just the back?

Back