free website stats program Premium hand-adjustable shocks low | Harley Davidson Forums

Premium hand-adjustable shocks low

CHZWIZ

I am installing a set of these on my '09 FLHT to replace the crappy air shocks. I have read some postings that some owners are complaining that the right side shocks where installed from the factory upside down and interfered with the docking system. Does anyone know the correct direction the shock should be installed so it doesn't interfere? The instruction sheet shows a picture of both shocks with the shock body on top. So would I reverse the right shock so the shock body is on the bottom?

I can't remember how the right was installed on the 12 cvo streetglide I had, I say put it on as instructed and see if there is any interference with the docking. I can say for me I found the ride to be stiff at any setting, I'm happy with the air shocks

So picked up the shocks yesterday. The PO say he liked them the wife didn't so he bought a set of Revo's and says he doesn't really like them. Wow, that's some major coin to lay down for something that doesn't improve your ride. So I installed the shocks and they do install as the illustration shows in instruction sheet. The factory had been installing the right shock upside down counter to their illustration in their instruction sheet. So a little icy to get on the road to test it out but next day with dry road I will be out and see how these shocks perform. Can't imagine that I wont get an improvement over the pos air shocks. Also watched a vid of a guy adjusting his shocks where he states you need to hear two clicks to get a full turn. I would guess that maybe some riders equal one click to one turn which would really mess up the firmness setting especially on heavier loads. As far as install went maybe 15 - 20 minutes to take off and install. About as simple as it gets.

Just checked out the HD website and see they come stock on the new RK. So maybe they are now the standard shock on the touring models.

To update my post yesterday. I was able to take the bike out yesterday and test the shocks. All I can say is they make a big improvement and I'm very happy with my purchase. I will need to fiddle with the adjustment some just to get a feel for the dampening range with different weights.
Now I need to either change the oil in the front forks or upgrade the springs. Have been looking at the progressive monotube cartridge kit. Now that I have the lowered shocks wouldn't mind lowering the front an inch would be about perfect then.

Back