free website stats program premium chrome tour pac hinges | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

premium chrome tour pac hinges

Are they really a piece of cake to install? I have been putting off installing the ones that I have gotten for Christmas. I want to do it because you're right, they do dress up the Pak. I just don't want to botch the job. I DID replace the cheap latches finally after dealing with them :D around for way to long! THAT was a piece of cake for me. :s

The most difficult part for me was keeping the stock rivets from spinning when drilling the heads off, and that was not difficult at all. Just go slow, and align the lid to your latches before final tightening. It is nice to have someone hold the lid for insurance. They look soo much better than the stock hinges.

The most difficult part for me was keeping the stock rivets from spinning when drilling the heads off, and that was not difficult at all. Just go slow, and align the lid to your latches before final tightening. It is nice to have someone hold the lid for insurance. They look soo much better than the stock hinges.
Thanks Breeze3at! I think you've inspired me to do that.

Mine have so far for about 5000 miles and I am in and out of my tourpac alot. You're right. They do dress up the pizza box. I gave my old hinges to some guy for his bags on his police bike. They're the same hinges.

so....a pair (set of 4) of these hinges would install on some police saddle bags??....hmmmm.

so....a pair (set of 4) of these hinges would install on some police saddle bags??....hmmmm.
Yes a set of 4 (2pair) works just fine on the police bike saddlebags. A friend of mine did it to his, once he saw the premium hinges on my ultra...Really dressed up the bags on his ride. I, like others here can't figure out why they are not standard. At least on the tourpacks!?

Not the best quality but you get the idea:

BEFORE

hingeonebefore.jpg

hingetwobefore.jpg

AFTER

hingeoneafter.jpg

hingetwoafter.jpg
That looks a heck of a lot better than the pieces of junk that came with the bike. Nice job.

To keep the rivets from turning, a sharp drill bit is necessary (don't ask how I know this) and to quote Breeze, "go slow" while drilling out the rivets. Another pair of hands to hold the lid is also true! With a new drill bit, job only took about 45 minutes in true Smitty style on the kitchen counter.

PS. The mother of my three children was not home :s

Nice photos. I did mine last year and couldn't believe how much better the tour pack looks. It also makes the lid feel much more sturdy!

Ok the pictures look great so off to the store tomorrow. Been wanting to do that for some time just wasn't susre how much trouble it would be.
Thanks for the pictures.

Back