free website stats program premium chrome tour pac hinges | Harley Davidson Forums

premium chrome tour pac hinges

cavs1429

just got done installing these chrome hinges piece of cake to install and they look so much better then the stock hinges hope they last:14:

Mine have so far for about 5000 miles and I am in and out of my tourpac alot. You're right. They do dress up the pizza box. I gave my old hinges to some guy for his bags on his police bike. They're the same hinges.

just got done installing these chrome hinges piece of cake to install and they look so much better then the stock hinges hope they last:14:

Are they really a piece of cake to install? I have been putting off installing the ones that I have gotten for Christmas. I want to do it because you're right, they do dress up the Pak. I just don't want to botch the job. I DID replace the cheap latches finally after dealing with them :D around for way to long! THAT was a piece of cake for me. :s

yes very easy. just have some one hold up the lid so it dont drop. do one hinge at a time. and i used a 2 inch flat scrapper to hold lid seal away from drill bit.:14:

Got any pics?

Not the best quality but you get the idea:

BEFORE

hingeonebefore.jpg

hingetwobefore.jpg

AFTER

hingeoneafter.jpg

hingetwoafter.jpg

One of the first things I bought after getting my bike. I just don't understand why they don't come stock as the match the latches.

I got a set while on a trip into the U.S. for 50.00 bucks ( 75.00 in Canada ) put them on by following instructions with no trouble at all. I really like the look but agree this is something that should be on the bike from the factory. Even the CVO's come with the cheap hinges.

I've got them too! They really do dress up alot, and they are not hard to put on. Been on my bike going on 2 years without an issue. The only other thing that was easier to put on was the push button gas door, which in my book is a "Must have" item.

Back