free website stats program Pre Planning .. Winnipeg Manitoba Canada to Las Vegas | Harley Davidson Forums

Pre Planning .. Winnipeg Manitoba Canada to Las Vegas

In September i'm riding from Alberta to Winnipeg Manitoba for a work conference and then Winnipeg to Vegas .. and looking for some help from our American friends of some places to visit and stay clear of.

A review on Mapquest suggests south of Winnipeg on I29 to West Fargo ND. West on I94 thru Bismark. South towards Sturgis (will be fun to see sturgis again only a month after the 70th). Into Wyoming turning south at Buffalo past Rawlings and into Salt Lake City. Down I15 to Vegas. Looks to be just shy of 1800 miles.

The trick on this trip will be to visit some highlites without taking a whole bunch of extra time. I'm not a big fan of all Interstate riding but in the sake of time i will ride the boring hardtop when needed.

I have not yet riden in Utah and want to ride thru Zion National park.

What i'm looking and asking for are some locations / roads / stops that i should not miss and also those that i should avoid.

This will be a solo ride so always up for meeting new people along the way. The bike will be left in Vegas for the Winter months with a few planned flights back to Vegas between November and May for some rides.

Any help or advise as i plan this out is much appreciated.

I can't help you plan your trip, because I didn't even plan my own. I will absolutely guarantee Zion is a place well worth riding through. You will wish you had more time to explore Utah, it has unbelievable scenery. Enjoy your ride!

Back