free website stats program power x wing | Harley Davidson Forums

power x wing

kevdon

hi everybody. first post. has anyone tried the boyesen power x wing on there harley? a shop close to me really is pushing to sell me one for my 09 ultra. the website claims up to 4 hp. and better throttle response low to mid rangefor the fly by wire bikes. also i'm installing V&H mufflers and arlen ness big sucker. thanks for any help.

Everything i have seen calls them snake oil .. how can it do anything on a fuelie all it would do is swirl the air .. i have a 08 RKC but dont notice any problem with low or midrange responce

hi everybody. first post. has anyone tried the boyesen power x wing on there harley? a shop close to me really is pushing to sell me one for my 09 ultra. the website claims up to 4 hp. and better throttle response low to mid rangefor the fly by wire bikes. also i'm installing V&H mufflers and arlen ness super sucker. thanks for any help.

You got a carburetor on that bike? Go to the site below and put in your info (year, make, type) and see what comes up. I put in my '03 and it shows an X wing but only shows it through '05!!

Boyesen Engineering

Suspect!!

TQ

They show it on their site for my 07 . It look like the same thing that automotive flea market vendors were trying to sell in the late 70s,claimed it would turn your car into a hot rod:newsmile100:

Can't be an HD shop...is it?? They seem to have a lot more expensive stuff they like to push on me. This seems to be the look they all have ebhind the counter :bigsmiley10:

Now that you know that is a bad deal, shop elsewhere for your pipes and such. Chances are they feel they can take advantage of you. Here is your chance to take advice from this forum and capitalize on these stealers. Go to another dealership and share your experience and they will likely treat you with respect.:s

ok, so no one has any knowledge of this product as i can tell. i did a little research on it and found two articles that said they found a 1 to 2 hp gain on the dyno. the unit is supposed to straighten out the air, not swirl it. i just thought maybe "glider" or "hobbit" who seems to be the guru's here might have some input. dont take this the wrong way, but i just expected more intellegent answers than trying to sell me something silly.

Last edited:
You did get intellegent answers,change shops,buy chrome ,your money would then be spent wisely:D

Back