Power X Wing results

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by seadogbrr, Sep 14, 2013.

1. seadogbrr

seadogbrr Member

My unofficial test of the Power X Wing I installed on my ultra classic. I put a total of 1625 miles on after installing riding a both highway and city with the following results.

1. No change in MPG
    2. No change in drivability or throttle response with my EFI system
    3. No change in power or torque that I could detect
    4. Noticeable change in my bank account

I will not disput the Power X Wing web site results, my test was not done with a dyno and I'm just a backyard mach. I can say the drop in my bank account is 100% verifiable. I have removed the Power X Wing placed it with the other useless harley stuff I have.

2. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Should have done a forum search first. I think it's unanimous that we all feel it's mostly Snake Oil. It's been discussed before.

Thanks for coming back and sharing your honest opinion, though.

3. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Thanks for your honest opinion. It is TOOO bad so many lay claims to gains in HP and such. I added it up one time with a bunch of gadgets and to my surprise the out put was well to say un believable, that said one just never knows with out testing and research

4. glazier

glazier Junior Member

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a Power X Wing???
    Sounds like it's something I want to avoid purchasing, so I need to know what it is so I know what NOT to buy. :D
    Thanks.

5. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

6. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Wow...you weren't kidding on the bank account hit...$130 for a small piece of metal intake insert.