free website stats program Power Sprocket? | Harley Davidson Forums

Power Sprocket?

jdaws

I am looking at going from a 32T to a 30T front belt sprocket. I know andrews makes one, but I found part number 83595-11 that is half the price. Will it work?
I also would like to know if anybody has used a 30T sprocket and what you did to get the speedo calibration right?
I could also go to a 70T rear sprocket and get close to the same F/D ratio.
I beleve the belt will still fit with the 32T but not the 70T.
I want to upgrade to the SE comp. while I have it off. Is there a comp gear that has one or more less teeth on the sprocket to change the final drive.
Just changing the comp. gear I think, would be the best way to go. You would not have to reprogram the speedo then, would you?

Lots of questions here. Thats why I am on the forum. I know there are experts here to answer them. Its great!:D

If you change the comp gear or the clutch gear, your speedo will still be right. You will probably loose the 6th gear light changing sprockets in the primary.

I thought I would get more answers to my questions. :( I did my research and ordered parts.

I'm certainly no expert, but my reading of my manual indicates that the speedo is driven Good luck with the gearing change . . . Oh - and what are your expectations when you change the gearing? Any problem you are trying to solve or an effect you'd like to achieve?

Mark - thanks!:)

I like Mark am no expert, but the speed sensor is a mag pickup in the trans. I believe the only way to recal the speedo is through the ecm. There should be some sort of setting in the program to change it and it maybe that the dealer is the only one who can access that part of the programming. I haven't gotten my head around the ecm end of the bike yet. What are you trying to get out of the bike?

Back