free website stats program Power port options | Harley Davidson Forums

Power port options

I have a cig. lighter on pigtail plugged into the factory accessory plugin under the seat. I just run the pigtail into one of the saddlebags and plug the phone in. When not needed I unhook it and keep it in the saddlebag. The acc. plug is controlled by the left hand switch on the Road King nacelle. Not sure if the FB had the acc. attachment under the seat or not.....

If you have a Beltran Battery tender, they make a connector that plugs into the pigtail that is attached to the battery. My FLHR has wires off the back of the headlight I was able to use for power.....

Thanks I have heard there is one under the seat but didn't see it

I have a cig. lighter on pigtail plugged into the factory accessory plugin under the seat. I just run the pigtail into one of the saddlebags and plug the phone in. When not needed I unhook it and keep it in the saddlebag. The acc. plug is controlled by the left hand switch on the Road King nacelle. Not sure if the FB had the acc. attachment under the seat or not.....

Thanks I do have a HD pigtail and a battery tender. I also have a ram mount to hold the phone on the bars not so sure I want the cord running all the way back where the tender sticks out behind the seat.

If you have a Beltran Battery tender, they make a connector that plugs into the pigtail that is attached to the battery. My FLHR has wires off the back of the headlight I was able to use for power.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks I do have a HD pigtail and a battery tender. I also have a ram mount to hold the phone on the bars not so sure I want the cord running all the way back where the tender sticks out behind the seat.

Don't know if you have saddlebags, but my battery tender pigtail goes right out the side of the seat, and then I use a phone charger (made by battery tender) to plug in phones and other items which are in my saddlebag. No long cords to worry about dangling under the tank or near the hot engine. I've attached a pic of the battery tender charger which is about $12 or so online. The only downside is you can't immediately view those items as you are riding.

Attachments

• batt tender charger.jpg
    batt tender charger.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 11
Don't know if you have saddlebags, but my battery tender pigtail goes right out the side of the seat, and then I use a phone charger (made by battery tender) to plug in phones and other items which are in my saddlebag. No long cords to worry about dangling under the tank or near the hot engine. I've attached a pic of the battery tender charger which is about $12 or so online. The only downside is you can't immediately view those items as you are riding.

Thanks I like to have the phone on the bars while I am riding to listen to music...

If you have an accessory wire coming out of the back of your headlight housing, you could mount a usb charger there and a ram mount to the bars for the phone
WAP.gif

Back