free website stats program Power Loss - 2007 FLSTN | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Power Loss - 2007 FLSTN

I got to ask, has your bike had the torque smoothing down load done? you can call the dealer and give them your VIN to check it you might be surprised, Capital Jack:s

agreed need to check the fuel pressure. Will do that and report back

Just hooked up a guage and its registering 43 PSI.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought you had the pump out and you changed the hoses. You did not install a new filter at that time? Mine has both a pickup screen sock & a filter element.

Filters that are partially blocked affect volume and flow more that static pressure. You have a static pressure issue (unless you tested your pressure on the road) which would be more a pressure regulator or pump issue. Did you back flush the pickup screen? You never said if you used genuine HD convoluted hoses.

Used the convuluted hose from the stealer. Cleaned the lower pickup screen on the fuel pump as well. In checking the manual it calls for the filter to be changed at about 20K I've got 14K so I decided not to change the filter ($47.00) ouch.

$47.00 ! Wow, something is wrong with that price. Mine is $17.00 MSRP and can be had for $13.60.

Does yours look like this?

Attachments

• Filter 001.jpg
    Filter 001.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Filter 002.jpg
    Filter 002.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Filter 004.jpg
    Filter 004.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 9
I am fuel injection also. I think your looking at the pressure regulator and calling it a filter. (?)
Do you have a parts manual or are you going by what the dealership told you.

It could be, and I may be wrong,, but I just can see that much difference from 2007 to 2009.

BikeBandit may have an exploded view.

My bike has the metal canister fuel filter must be the high pressure due to the fuel injection.

I was looking at an exploded view of Your fuel tank and it DOES look like your fuel filter is in a metal container. Major difference over mine. It looks like in 2008 they went to the setup like mine. So $47 may be correct for your filter! Sorry about that..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back