free website stats program Power hookup for GPS | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Power hookup for GPS

That orange/white has a red cap on and usually is located hanging right of ther neck on a RKC...Also there is a pick up point on the left side also...Forget the color code but it a black plug that has a white incert...Jerry

Any suggestions on how to wire up a Zumo to a 2009 Sportster?
I already have the Zumo on a Jap bike (my rain and bad weather bike :D) and want to buy a mount and some way of powering it from bike.
Going on a road trip to Belgium next month and satnav would be handy.
Thanks.

Bikernick - Here are the pics you requested of my GPS to Aux rocker switch connection under the seat. In one you can see the four pin connector. In the other is the four pin connector which is then connected to the "Switched Circuit Adapter Harness". The harness splits into two connectors, allowing two accessories to be connected to the switched accessory rocker circuit. I cut one to tie in my zumo, which left the other side intact.

Attachments

• IMG_0864.jpg
    IMG_0864.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0870.jpg
    IMG_0870.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 88
Any suggestions on how to wire up a Zumo to a 2009 Sportster?
I already have the Zumo on a Jap bike (my rain and bad weather bike :D) and want to buy a mount and some way of powering it from bike.
Going on a road trip to Belgium next month and satnav would be handy.
Thanks.

Look for your 12v accessory connector under the seat. You should have one spare on a stock Sportster.
AccPlug.jpg

PowerAtPlug.jpg

If not you should get a 4 way accessory splitter.
Accadapterkit.jpg

And the harness adapter.
adapter.jpg

I have wired my GPS this way. Also I have installed a cigarette lighter to one of the extra accessory plugs and coiled it under the seat. I use it for my cellphone's car charger.
PLUG.jpg

The black wire will go to ground either on your battery or where the battery connects to your chassis.

Look for your 12v accessory connector under the seat. You should have one spare on a stock Sportster.
AccPlug.jpg

PowerAtPlug.jpg

If not you should get a 4 way accessory splitter.
Accadapterkit.jpg

And the harness adapter.
adapter.jpg

I have wired my GPS this way. Also I have installed a cigarette lighter to one of the extra accessory plugs and coiled it under the seat. I use it for my cellphone's car charger.
PLUG.jpg

The black wire will go to ground either on your battery or where the battery connects to your chassis.

Big thanks to you CDN - really clear answer and the photos are great! :D:worthy

Back