free website stats program Power duals ? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Power duals ?

Read of others having difficulty getting their muffs back on the SnS pipe. Deburr both pipe and muffler...use a little anti-seaze for lube. Expand the muffler using exhaust pipe expander like the ones used in auto muffler shops. Get a big maul...no, don't do that.

Read of others having difficulty getting their muffs back on the SnS pipe. Deburr both pipe and muffler...use a little anti-seaze for lube. Expand the muffler using exhaust pipe expander like the ones used in auto muffler shops. Get a big maul...no, don't do that.

Here is an inexpensive one that gets the job done.

Medium Tail Pipe Expander

Attachments

• Expander.jpg
    Expander.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 8
Question for those using power, dresser, or any other true duals with stock mufflers. I know that the left and right muffler are not the same (internally) on the 2008 FLHTC. How many other model / year combinations fall into that category I do not know. But the question is... have you now created an imbalance by using mufflers with dissimilar baffels?

But the question is... have you now created an imbalance by using mufflers with dissimilar baffels?

And the answer is... Yes. I considered putting the true dual kit from full sac on my 07 ultra and was advised against it. The left side will overheat and blue terribly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk V1.12.2

Consider the Fuelmoto 2-1-2 header. Simple bolt on, decreases felt heat on right side and gives the stock mufflers a much throatier sound. I picked up 4mpg on my 2011 FLTRU with just the headpipe. After adding Fuelmoto's 3.5" mufflers, Stage 1 A/C and remapped with a Power Vision, I consistently get better than 52mpg and it runs WAY better than before. Oh yeah, it sounds like it should, also!!

I decided to go with V & H dresser dual head pipes and cobra tri oval muffers.the tri oval mufflers are suppossed to help with scvadging effect and I think that will help with bottem eng tourq.I hope it all works together

save your old pipes and mufflers!! here in indiana, they are proposeing a law that '82 & newer bikes their mufflers can't be modified to more descibales than when it was new. sb275. hasn't passed yet but if they can do it in ind., they'll try in oh too. cood luck. roll on and throttle-up.

Back