free website stats program Power duals ? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Power duals ?

What?? No pic of the ghost pipe? :D
I tried to get pic of the ghost pipe, but it doesn't show up in the photo! :s

HwyKnight,
What baffle did you get in your D&D's. I have the same set up and mine are too loud on a long ride. The performance is great, but I'm gonna have to switch them out if I can't quiet them out while going 70 / 75 mph.

I have the quiet baffle, but it is still a bit loud. I ALWAYS wear a helmet, and on short trips, or a easy ride on the local country road it does the trick. For longer trips at continuous freeway speeds I wear ear plugs. Even with the very quiet stock exhaust I wore ear plugs on the longer trips. I'm probably going to add the Ultra Boom speaker and amp kit. I use the speakers on the short rides. On the long rides, I just use my headset.

Last edited by a moderator:
Power Duals will have more torque for you in the 2200-2500 rpm range.
Definetly get a fuel programer,I have used both TFI and Fuelpak with great sucess.
I am using the stock mufflers with Power Duals and I find it a great combination of added power(torque) with a more muscular sound.

Dave

Thanks Dave,That is the combination Im considering.I wanted to keep stock mufflers and go with a programmer.Im just not sure if I want dresser duals or power duals.How hard is it to clean around the expantion chamber on the power duals?

Cleaning the power duals is very easy due to the design of the heat shields.

Go with what you like or you consider looks the best.Both options get rid of the cat and makes your bike run cooler,that's the main thing.

Take your time picking out mufflers,I wish I had.I have gone through Rineharts and V&H Monster Rounds and now back to stock mufflers.What sounds good for 1 hour may not be right for you after all day in the saddle.

Dave

Hello Dave,
I just purchased the Power Duels for my 2008 Ultra. I will be using my stock mufflers until I do enough reasearch. What do you think about the S&S 80dbs?
David

Hi DCWC
I haven't heard the S&S.My humble opinion is that you should ride with the stock mufflers first.Remember the Power Duals will change the sound of your exhaust with stock mufflers.I loved the sound of the Rineharts on anothers guys bike but he had stock headers.With the Power Duals the cat restriction was gone and the sound changed making the Rineharts too loud for me.
With the stock mufflers an added benefit is that if I am in the USA and get stopped I have stock ie. EPA stamped pipes.

Dave

glen073-albums-2010+flhtk-picture5989-scrapes_on_power_duel.jpg

I have them on my 2010 FLHTK. Like one othe others said, they will scrape at the X part of the pipe during a hard lean, or if you hit a slight bump during a moderate lean.

Nothing changed as far as adding tranny oil. The HD Tech said it was a little harder to get to that rear brake switch that was replaced on the recent recall, but he still fixed it in 10 minutes without removing anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
I received my S&S Power duels today. I put them on the bike, now the stock mufflers will not fit any suggestions?

That's a matter of taste. I went with Monster Ovals by V&H. Another friend went with the Power Duels. Lots of options out there out there.

Back