free website stats program Power duals ? | Harley Davidson Forums

Power duals ?

I am wanting to change head pipes on my 2010 ultra limited 103,and dont know what I want.I'm thinking V & H dresser duals or the power duals.any sugestions?Also for now I would like to keep the stock mufflers.If I change the pipes can I go to a programmer without doing anything else

You can't go wrong with either option from V&H. I like the look and price of the dresser duals over the power duals but you should get better performance as far as Torque and HP with the power duals.

Either will help with the felt heat issue. As for the question about going with a programmer, you would benefit from adding a programming whether you did any other mods or none at all.

Thanks for the responds,I like the look of the dresser dual better,and want to get rid of the heat.Looks to me like the dresser duals may do a better job at the as well,being there is a little less mass.

I also have a 2010 Ultra Limited, and did the following: Air Cleaner, ThunderMax Tuner, D&D 2 into 1 with a ghost pipe on the left side. I couldn't recommend this set up strongly enough I am very, very pleased. Sounds great, looks great, performs great, and no more heat issues! Don't waste your time with anything else!:rider

Attachments

• DD-Side.jpg
    DD-Side.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 94
Thanks for the responds,I like the look of the dresser dual better,and want to get rid of the heat.Looks to me like the dresser duals may do a better job at the as well,being there is a little less mass.

Have a look at Fullsac headers. Keeps the stock look but no cat. lets heat uses the same chrome on header pipe. Just a thought.

I am wanting to change head pipes on my 2010 ultra limited 103,and dont know what I want.I'm thinking V & H dresser duals or the power duals.any sugestions?Also for now I would like to keep the stock mufflers.If I change the pipes can I go to a programmer without doing anything else

I also have a 2010 FLHTK. I went with V&H Power Duals and V&H Hi-Output slip on's. I also did a stage one and Power Commander V. I am very happy with the performance and sound. The heat issues are gone....The only thing I would be careful with is the possibility of scraping the XPipe shield on an extremely aggressive lean to the right, but you have to be leaning pretty hard to scrape.

HwyKnight,
What baffle did you get in your D&D's. I have the same set up and mine are too loud on a long ride. The performance is great, but I'm gonna have to switch them out if I can't quiet them out while going 70 / 75 mph.

I installed V&H Power Duals, Stage 1 and Monster Ovals on my 09 Road King. Definite increase in power, love the sound, and I've never had a problem with scraping the power dual shield. But I guess it's all a matter of your personal preferences. I actually like the distinct look of the power duals - but there are options out there for anyone's taste.

I also have a 2010 Ultra Limited, and did the following: Air Cleaner, ThunderMax Tuner, D&D 2 into 1 with a ghost pipe on the left side. I couldn't recommend this set up strongly enough I am very, very pleased. Sounds great, looks great, performs great, and no more heat issues! Don't waste your time with anything else!:rider

What?? No pic of the ghost pipe? :D

Back